Get ICS before actually released?

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok let me start by saying I'm new...what's the chances of getting ICS before AT&T pushes it out? I'm coming from iPhone and I know we couldn't get iOS before Apple actually pushed it. I'm trying to decide between the new Nexus and this phone but just worried about the 16GB storage limits.

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, meant I was worried about getting the new nexus and being limited to 16GB...I like that phone better mostly bc of design and lack of actual buttons.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, meant I was worried about getting the new nexus and being limited to 16GB...I like that phone better mostly bc of design and lack of actual buttons.

I heard they will have a 32GB model eventually. I would also be concerned about 16GB limit. Do not really know why, I have about 6 GB left on my SD card but I leave all of my apps on internal memory so 750 MB more. Probably not rational, but I would want 32GB if there was no option for SD card.

LotusLord

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
The ICS source code has been released, so the CM team is working on it. My guess is there will be a CM9 build for the Skyrocket before AT&T releases one.

boredpnoy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
if you want the nexus its going to be awhile since its exclusive to verizon for now...and who knows when it will be available to other carriers

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Well we can get the Nexus from places like clove.co.uk and expansys. I'm not 100% sure I want to spend 690 on a phone that I would have a hard time getting warranty work if something was to happen with it.