1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Skyrocket SIM won't work!?

I just got my new Skyrocket (it's awesome) so I popped in the SIM that came in the box and it said the SIM card is not the right type and I need to buy a proper one.

I tried my old SIM card from my phone that I was using yesterday and the last two years and it had a different problem. (this is probably because I upgraded).

Any ideas? Should I just take it in?

ROM
    Rooted 4.0.4, Stock 4.2

Default Re: New Skyrocket SIM won't work!?

Waltz right into a AT&T store, they will get you fixed up ASAP with no issues!
    I however am still using my iPhone sim card. I did not let them activate a regular size sim card.

Call 611 or go to a store. Either can fix this. Without a SIM that supports LTE you will be unable to get LTE if you live I'm a launched market.

They should not have let you leave the store without activating the device and you yourself should always test basic services before leaving the store ...

Global Posts
    964 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StatuSChecKa View Post
    Waltz right into a AT&T store, they will get you fixed up ASAP with no issues!
    I however am still using my iPhone sim card. I did not let them activate a regular size sim card.
    How are you using the microsim from the iPhone? I would like to do that too if possible.

ROM
    Rooted 4.0.4, Stock 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    How are you using the microsim from the iPhone? I would like to do that too if possible.
    My micro sim card adapter just came in. But before that I just insert the micro-sim into the Samsung card tray just perfectly, and turn the phone on. If its lined up right you will get network coverage, including HSPA! Maybe for safety put on a little piece of scotch tape, that way if you bump your phone your SIM card wont get out of wack.

Go to ATT and ask for one..
    I frequently swap between my iPhone 4 and Samsung (depends on my mood, also I switch to the iPhone if I need to use a phone for 24 hours without charging it.)

Option 2: Just cut your current sim card so that it will fit into an iPhone 4, then it will still work in your Samsung.

NOTE: You may have to enter custom APN settings on the Android phone. Plus my MMS wont work right, a phone call to AT&T should clear that up..
    Please ask of you have questions or concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by StatuSChecKa View Post
    My micro sim card adapter just came in. But before that I just insert the micro-sim into the Samsung card tray just perfectly, and turn the phone on. If its lined up right you will get network coverage, including HSPA! Maybe for safety put on a little piece of scotch tape, that way if you bump your phone your SIM card wont get out of wack.

Go to ATT and ask for one..
    I frequently swap between my iPhone 4 and Samsung (depends on my mood, also I switch to the iPhone if I need to use a phone for 24 hours without charging it.)

Option 2: Just cut your current sim card so that it will fit into an iPhone 4, then it will still work in your Samsung.

NOTE: You may have to enter custom APN settings on the Android phone. Plus my MMS wont work right, a phone call to AT&T should clear that up..
    Please ask of you have questions or concerns.
    Interesting. I swap between Android phones but thought the data plan for iphone was different. Do you have the skyrocket and does visual voice mail work with both iphone and skyrocket?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Hey guys, thanks for the enormous amount of detail and help. I am super impressed, and I'll be coming back here.

This is unrelated but I just ordered the Otterbox Defender Series case for the Skyrocket on Amazon, I was wondering if anyone here has the case and how they like it. One review on ATT.com said the silicone did not fit the holes well. Is this true?

Thanks

i ordered the otterbox defender from att last week.... i have no complaints.... it fits perfectly...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by nelonez View Post
    i ordered the otterbox defender from att last week.... i have no complaints.... it fits perfectly...
    What about comfortability? Is it hard to hold and is it awkward to take out of ur pocket?

ROM
    Rooted 4.0.4, Stock 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Interesting. I swap between Android phones but thought the data plan for iphone was different. Do you have the skyrocket and does visual voice mail work with both iphone and skyrocket?
    A draw back is that I can NOT get virtual voicemail to work on the Samsung. It hasnt been important enough for me to sit down and toy with it that much.
    Thanked by: