Switch between iPhone 4s and skyrocket

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about picking up a skyrocket. Anyone switching between a iPhone and skyrocket. I've already got a micro sim adapter. Do I need to contact AT&T every time I switch? which data plan do you keep?

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I do this about once every two weeks.
MMS and Virtual VM I am having issues with. When I put my micro sim back in the iPhone its perfect.
No need to contact AT&T, They think i'm on a iPhone and txt and internet still work.

boredpnoy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
the 4s does not have LTE but i made the switch from the 4 and never looked back ever since...and no you dont need to contact at&t to switch phones if you alrdy have them on hand...but you will need a new sim which will take advantage of the 3g+ and LTE

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Actually wondering if anyone is interested in a straight swap for a white iPhone 4S 16GB with InvisibleShield Full Armor (front & back)? My wife wants my Samsung Galaxy S II and then I'll grab the Skyrocket if possible. This is preliminary right now... I have to go checkout the Skyrocket at the AT&T store to be certain, but I am interested in the bigger screen. OK, lemme know!

ALexSoFLy

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch from the iPhone 4 to the skyrocket and I didn't regret any of it. I love the big screen 1.5ghz dual core and the 4G LTE capability. Watch the Samsung galaxy s2 commercial called why wait in line in YouTube. It cracked me up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I made the switch from the iPhone 4 to the skyrocket and I didn't regret any of it. I love the big screen 1.5ghz dual core and the 4G LTE capability. Watch the Samsung galaxy s2 commercial called why wait in line in YouTube. It cracked me up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

That commercial was hilarious. To answer the OP, I would definitely switch to the Skyrocket. I had the 4S and it was the same experience as every other iPhone I have ever had. I don't have the Skytocket, but I did go back to Android. It's just the place to be. If there were a Skyrocket on Verizon, I would have gotten that.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

aeast317#AC

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I got the Skyrocket Saturday and my mom's boyfriend got the iphone 4s the same day....he is jealous of my phone and thinking about going back, if that helps :)

bimbot

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I too am wondering this.

I live in So Cal so no LTE yet, but I'm trying to put my 4S microsim into the Skyrocket and I had to add a new APN just for it to work. VVM is not working on the Skyrocket with these settings. I'm wondering, should I move my Skyrocket onto the main line (get a new sim to handle LTE) which has my unlimited plan and then cut the SIM to fit in the 4S when I feel like using that? My main concern is that with the new SIM my 4s will lose some functionality (like how I'm experiencing with my 4s sim in the skyrocket).

Does anyone have any experience with my scenario as described?

bimbot

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
So this can't done then right? The Skyrocket needs an LTE sim. If one wants to switch back and fourth between the 4s and Skyrocket then I'm assuming you'd have to call up AT&T each time to activate the micro sim or the LTE sim?

Anyone who has done who has the $30 unlimited plan can you comment? I'm hoping AT&T didn't touch your plan?

PewterL31

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
As long as the sim has 25 as the 9th and 10th numbers u can use the same sim for both. U do need to call in and have them change the data plan tho. If u have ul data u get ul lte data.

Sent from my Samsung Skyrocket

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
As long as the sim has 25 as the 9th and 10th numbers u can use the same sim for both. U do need to call in and have them change the data plan tho. If u have ul data u get ul lte data.

Sent from my Samsung Skyrocket

So your saying the micro sim is capable of LTE speeds?

jstmartin

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Actually wondering if anyone is interested in a straight swap for a white iPhone 4S 16GB with InvisibleShield Full Armor (front & back)? My wife wants my Samsung Galaxy S II and then I'll grab the Skyrocket if possible. This is preliminary right now... I have to go checkout the Skyrocket at the AT&T store to be certain, but I am interested in the bigger screen. OK, lemme know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt