1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Switch between iPhone 4s and skyrocket

Thinking about picking up a skyrocket. Anyone switching between a iPhone and skyrocket. I've already got a micro sim adapter. Do I need to contact AT&T every time I switch? which data plan do you keep?

ROM
    Rooted 4.0.4, Stock 4.2

Default Re: Switch between iPhone 4s and skyrocket

I do this about once every two weeks.
    MMS and Virtual VM I am having issues with. When I put my micro sim back in the iPhone its perfect.
    No need to contact AT&T, They think i'm on a iPhone and txt and internet still work.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Good to know. Are you getting LTE speeds? I'm in the Boston market which currently has LTE.
    Last edited by motionxxusxx; 11-25-2011 at 05:50 PM.

ROM

the 4s does not have LTE but i made the switch from the 4 and never looked back ever since...and no you dont need to contact at&t to switch phones if you alrdy have them on hand...but you will need a new sim which will take advantage of the 3g+ and LTE

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious JellyBean 4.1.1

Same here. Actually wondering if anyone is interested in a straight swap for a white iPhone 4S 16GB with InvisibleShield Full Armor (front & back)? My wife wants my Samsung Galaxy S II and then I'll grab the Skyrocket if possible. This is preliminary right now... I have to go checkout the Skyrocket at the AT&T store to be certain, but I am interested in the bigger screen. OK, lemme know!

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

I made the switch from the iPhone 4 to the skyrocket and I didn't regret any of it. I love the big screen 1.5ghz dual core and the 4G LTE capability. Watch the Samsung galaxy s2 commercial called why wait in line in YouTube. It cracked me up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SKyRocketing View Post
    I made the switch from the iPhone 4 to the skyrocket and I didn't regret any of it. I love the big screen 1.5ghz dual core and the 4G LTE capability. Watch the Samsung galaxy s2 commercial called why wait in line in YouTube. It cracked me up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    That commercial was hilarious. To answer the OP, I would definitely switch to the Skyrocket. I had the 4S and it was the same experience as every other iPhone I have ever had. I don't have the Skytocket, but I did go back to Android. It's just the place to be. If there were a Skyrocket on Verizon, I would have gotten that.

Sent from my HTC Rezound
    If I were never here, you would never know.

I got the Skyrocket Saturday and my mom's boyfriend got the iphone 4s the same day....he is jealous of my phone and thinking about going back, if that helps

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I too am wondering this.

I live in So Cal so no LTE yet, but I'm trying to put my 4S microsim into the Skyrocket and I had to add a new APN just for it to work. VVM is not working on the Skyrocket with these settings. I'm wondering, should I move my Skyrocket onto the main line (get a new sim to handle LTE) which has my unlimited plan and then cut the SIM to fit in the 4S when I feel like using that? My main concern is that with the new SIM my 4s will lose some functionality (like how I'm experiencing with my 4s sim in the skyrocket).

Does anyone have any experience with my scenario as described?

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bimbot View Post
    I too am wondering this.

I live in So Cal so no LTE yet, but I'm trying to put my 4S microsim into the Skyrocket and I had to add a new APN just for it to work.
    Actually, depending on where you are, there is LTE in SoCal now. I'm getting it in LA, and have read people getting it in OC and SD.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gal...s-angeles.html

ROM
    HTC EVO 3D

Does anybody have correct att apn settings
    If You Dont Have A Droid, Then You Dont Have A Droid

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jedah View Post
    Actually, depending on where you are, there is LTE in SoCal now. I'm getting it in LA, and have read people getting it in OC and SD.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gal...s-angeles.html
    I live in the boondocks unfortunately (Chino; work in Loma Linda) so I probably won't see the LTE until it's officially announced. I know Loma Linda doesn't have it for sure but I still need to check at home.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poloboogie View Post
    Does anybody have correct att apn settings
    I'd love to know as the correct settings as well. I put my micro sim card in the skyrocket and the only thing I can do is make phone calls, no data

Vvm only works on lte data plans for android phones.

Sent from my Samsung Skyrocket

So this can't done then right? The Skyrocket needs an LTE sim. If one wants to switch back and fourth between the 4s and Skyrocket then I'm assuming you'd have to call up AT&T each time to activate the micro sim or the LTE sim?

Anyone who has done who has the $30 unlimited plan can you comment? I'm hoping AT&T didn't touch your plan?

As long as the sim has 25 as the 9th and 10th numbers u can use the same sim for both. U do need to call in and have them change the data plan tho. If u have ul data u get ul lte data.

Quote Originally Posted by PewterL31 View Post
    As long as the sim has 25 as the 9th and 10th numbers u can use the same sim for both. U do need to call in and have them change the data plan tho. If u have ul data u get ul lte data.

So your saying the micro sim is capable of LTE speeds?

I thought u had a sim and cut to fit the iphone

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gadget View Post
    Same here. Actually wondering if anyone is interested in a straight swap for a white iPhone 4S 16GB with InvisibleShield Full Armor (front & back)? My wife wants my Samsung Galaxy S II and then I'll grab the Skyrocket if possible. This is preliminary right now... I have to go checkout the Skyrocket at the AT&T store to be certain, but I am interested in the bigger screen. OK, lemme know!

I have a new skyrocket. Still interested in a trade?

I have the new skyrocket after upgrading from the 3gs.
    Also got the other half a 4s upgrade.

Having used both I think the 4S is a much better phone to use unless you have hours and hours to spend setting it up.

Its not that the skyrocket can't do everything the 4s can and much more, but rather trying to figure out what it can do and how to do it.......

Would gladly trade back to a 4s, but didn't get it done in the 14 day grace period.......
    I'm also on my second skyrocket as the first one got so hot from the battery discharge they switched it out on the spot...

Global Posts
    2,733 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

I'll admit that it is tedious to setting up your home screen to getting it the way you want, but just add shortcuts instead of widgets. Before I flashed my phone with MIUI, I had my center screen with clock and weather widgets, one screen with "driving" items (a music widget and shortcut icons to google maps and navigation), one screen with a Plume widget (so I can send tweets fast) and frequently used app shortcuts, and one screen with shopping app shortcuts and games.