XPAL Powerskin Case for Skyrocket

mrfr3sh2def

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
If you all are in the market for a battery case this is the way to go. I just went to my local at&T store and gave them the sku on the website. At 1st they said they did not have it but then they checked the inventory in the back and found 1. They tried to tell me it was $80 and then I showed them the price on their website and they had to honor it. $80 case for $35... Get your orders in before it is too late.

I will take pics and post a review of it.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket using Tapatalk

mrfr3sh2def

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Okay all so i have this new case installed on my phone and i want to give a quick review so you all can decide. If you want to take advantage of the great deal at&t probably has no idea that they are offering.

Background: previous ipone user (every model including the 4s). This is my 1st android device.

Case negatives:
Adds 8mm of thickness to the device (bulky)
Silicone/rubbery texture
Mini usb charging port moves around
Phone can feel award at times when holding in landscape position

Case positives:
2x battery life
Smart charge... Actually charges phone before case
Fingerprint resistant
On/off button
LED indicator light for power remaining
Easy access to all ports and toggles

OVERALL: If battery life is an issue of your then I highly recommend this case... Especially for $35. I am a heavy user and pretty much stream music via bluetooth a2dp technology from my phone all day long. I also download apps and frequently browse the web. I live in the DC metropolitan area so LTE is available here and it can be a frequent battery drained.

Thx and i hope this helps.

Reactions: jd3seatown

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Your mileage may vary here guys, AT&T does NOT have to pricematch their website for accessories. Hell, most managers will tell you that they can't do it at all. Some are lenient and will take a $35 accessory sale before you walk out and spend nothing, but they DO NOT have to honor this for ANY reason. You're just lucky you got someone that made the exception for you. Order it if you want the low price. They're $80 in stores.

mrfr3sh2def

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I got 5.5 hrs of use out of just the case today before it completely died and switched over to the phone battery.

anon(605125)

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I got my powerskin a couple of weeks ago on Amazon for $55. It's $68 now. It works well and is a good grip but I don't feel as well protected as with it in the otterbox defender. I'll use it around the house and other relatively safe situations. Just ordered a New Trent IMP1000 which has 11,000mah, or about eight recharges of the SR. Thought $77 a good deal for that much power reserve.

Amazon.com: New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack and Charger for iPad2, iPad, iPhone 4S 4 3Gs 3G (AT&T and Verizon), iPod Touch (1G 2G 3G 4G 5G), HTC Android EVO, Blackberry, Samsung Galaxy S, Droid, Nintendo, Sony PSP and much m

db, no usb icon in your notification bar?

danielbatman

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
well when i took off the case and plugged it in, i get a usb icon, so im assuming that the usb port on the xpal is only for charging and ill have to remove the case if i wanna load music

detfan

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
If you all are in the market for a battery case this is the way to go. I just went to my local at&T store and gave them the sku on the website. At 1st they said they did not have it but then they checked the inventory in the back and found 1. They tried to tell me it was $80 and then I showed them the price on their website and they had to honor it. $80 case for $35... Get your orders in before it is too late.

I will take pics and post a review of it.

Do you still have this case and if so how is performing?

mrfr3sh2def

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I actually got rid of the case. It was nice for battery life (almost double life), but the case is way to big for my liking and the material it is made of makes it easy to collect dust and lent and get stuck in pockets.

detfan

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I actually got rid of the case. It was nice for battery life (almost double life), but the case is way to big for my liking and the material it is made of makes it easy to collect dust and lent and get stuck in pockets.

Hows that battery life without it?

sg789

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Mine worked for a couple of weeks but won't charge any more. Online system to return asks a lot of questions about your charger, voltage, amps. Haven't heard back since filling out the info. Not impressed with the customer service. Will just do an Amazon return.

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Same happened to me, except I didn't get an email back from xpal, so I just did the Amazon return.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Xparent Green Tapatalk

nesto1

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I just sold my xpal yesterday for $30 to someone on Craigslist.

Since I bought the desktop charger, I don't need it. Gonna pick up a spare OEM battery and keep that as a backup.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon