Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default TRIFECTA: Data,losing email, & battery

HELP HELP HELP. When I was on my Iphizzle 3G, I would normally run about 750 mb worth of data a month. I've now got the awesome Skyrocket, but it's chewing through data at over 100 mb a day!!! I am running the EXACT same apps as my Iphone and not doing anything any different. Is there something on my phone that might be sucking out all this data?
    Also, today my phone just dropped 2 of my 3 email accounts. One minute I had Gmail, SBC, and my work email, then next second I only had Gmail???
    And lastly, my battery is horrible. I have turned practcally everything off, and today I got 5 hours of battery life. The phone just sat next to me. I only answered about 5 emails.
    Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated. The AT&T store has already swapped out the battery for me too.

Default Re: TRIFECTA: Data,losing email, & battery

I'm an expert on this!!

Go to the market and download the widget "Data Enabler". It's a simple on/off 4G widget. I always have this off unless I need internet and I'm not near WiFi.

Also, download an app called "Onavo". It's a data manager app that helps you manage your data, very customizable. The most useful part is that (give this a week or two so it has enough data) it tells you the "data hogger" apps.

I feel for you. I hate how there are data ceilings now. Thank goodness my old iPhone unlimited data carried over to this.

ROM
    Stock

It sounds to me like whatever is sucking down the MB's is also sucking the battery dry.
    Maybe a memory leak or something.