A fresh new iPhone/Android PRO/CON thread

dmarquand

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Please post your peaceful :) pros and cons to both iPhone and Android. And remember that everyone is just giving their honest opinion and there is no wrong opinion!!!!

And let me just say that I have owned both an iPhone 3GS and currently a Skyrocket

To name a few: (please excuse my spelling)

Android:

PROS:
-customizability (that's my new word); there's too much to cover here, widgets, homescreens, launchers, system options
-a wide range of styles and sizes- get a square phone like the Pantech Pocket, a 2.5"/keyboard phone like the HTC Status, or a 4.5" like the Skyrocket. In multiple colors.
-a variety of screen technologies that offer you different viewing pleasures.
-better music option - I think PowerAmp is just about unbeatable compared to iPhone's music app.
-drag and drop files to and from your computer... no damn iTunes crap goin on like with Apple.
-apps can do more - iPhone has quite a limited operating system if you think about it
-more free apps I would say

CONS
-Software updates (nexus owners not included)
-BATTERY: I have every single radio off except for when in use, and my screen is always at around a third brightness, auto-sync disabled, and JuiceDefender on agressive, and I barely get a day of use on my Skyrocket. Probably because of the specs (trying to find a root for it that works with my Mac so I can get SetCPU).

iPhone

PROS:
-More stylish and premier build quality in my opinion.
-Universal software updates for devices that are 2-3 years or less of age.
-A more consistent theme - A lot of Android apps are pretty ugly and in general, Android tends to struggle with identity.
-iPhone 4+s have some very sharp screens
-BETTER BATTERY - don't even argue this
-More third party accessaries in general.
-Rick Perry could operate an iPhone

CONS:
-Cliche, gets old, you don't feel "special" with an iphone :D
-Too small of a screen some would argue
-This iTunes crap really wore on me
-Less bugs - actually no bugs really (in my experience, not saying there haven't been bugs for iPhones
-Almost zero customizability - BORING look after a while.
-Last time I checked, if you want double the storage, your looking at an extra $100.

Please share yours!!

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Great thread. I agree with everything. The iphone is simple. Very simple. That's apples biggest pro and also it's biggest con. #teamandroid4life