LTE in San Diego started yesterday!!!

milkyway2011

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I was shopping around 4:00 pm yesterday, Sunday, and to my surprise, my phone all of a sudden went from HSPA+ to 4GLTE!!!

I ran the speedtest and got almost 26Mbs for download and 13.5Mbs for upload!

LTE in CA, we are ready! I am not sure if they were simply testing as I have not seen any advertisements anywhere. Please see the attachment for the speedtest screenshot.

Thanks AT&T.

Reactions: JR A

terefel

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I noticed my LTE logo today for the first time!!!! - Orange County, CA

But im only getting 4 down and 5 up. Hrm...

Last edited:

LuvrGirl

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Same here! I just noticed it a couple mins ago! It's gone now but WOW! I'm excited! I wasn't in time to run a speedtest on it before I lost the LTE signal so hopefully next time! :)

Los Angeles, CA (Montebello area)

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
In Palms (Culver City), and I have it, too!

Unfortunately, I'm only getting 8mbps down. But, that beats the 2mbps I was getting usually here. I've had up to 6mbps in diff parts of LA on HSPA+.

Regardless, speeds are noticeably faster. I did a maps search and loaded the full ESPN site, and both loaded pretty instantly.

imbord247

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
LTE in OC area. Varying speeds, anywhere from 8 down 5 up, to. 14 down 5 up. Either way, pretty impressive, both we're inside buildings with 2-3 signal bars.

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
LTE in OC area. Varying speeds, anywhere from 8 down 5 up, to. 14 down 5 up. Either way, pretty impressive, both we're inside buildings with 2-3 signal bars.

Good point. I'm getting an LTE signal at work where I'm usually on EDGE. Although.. I'm only getting one bar, so this could be an anomaly.

LuvrGirl

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: LTE in San Diego started yesterday!!! * UPDATE

Same here! I just noticed it a couple mins ago! It's gone now but WOW! I'm excited! I wasn't in time to run a speedtest on it before I lost the LTE signal so hopefully next time! :)

Los Angeles, CA (Montebello area)

UPDATE

I've been on the LTE signal since I woke up this morning around 6:30am... haven't lost it yet on my commute from Montebello area to Downtown LA.

Ran a few tests on my drive and I was getting 16/17 down and 5/6 up with pretty good signal 4 or 5 bars!! At work though, high rise building, I only have maybe 1 or 2 bars avg and I get about 5/6 down.

:)

milkyway2011

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah! LTE in Los Angeles. My came live around 9:45 am!!! It started with around 8Mbs and now I am getting around 13Mbs.

So far, my batter on Skyrocket is holding strong. I have been on LTE for last few hours and using the phone very heavily.

I would like to see more of 25Mbs!!!

Thanks AT&T!