$100 Skyrocket Refund

mrfr3sh2def

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Where do you live at robor007? Verizon without a doubt has amazing service, but I feel that AT&T will be far superior in the near future. It would be pointless for me to state my opinion without giving some reasonings behind it...here you go.

AT&T Benefits: (top of the head)
Talk & Surf at the same time - you cannot do this on Verizon's network
Receiving exclusive deals with many handset manufacturers to receive the hottest new phones 1st
tri/quad band (world phones)
4G LTE speeds with HSPA+ backhaul (verizon's network goes from LTE to slow 3G)
Service is only going to get better as they acquire more companies/towers (T-Mobile merger)
Even though they are stingy there customer service has always been good (ask and you shall receive)
Not as expensive as Verizon, although they are still pretty pricey
Verizon does not offer the Skyrocket ;)

I am sure there is much more out there that I could compare but I dont feel like it right now :)

fyi I do not work for AT&T obviously, lol!

Reactions: robor007

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the Tampa Bay Area... I live in Palm Harbor but work in Tampa. Network speeds are impressive when I have a good signal - much better than Sprint was. My only gripe is the drops of iHeart Radio.

I was considering trying Verizon but after the $120 reduction in my bill, I am definitely keeping my Skyrocket and sticking with AT&T. :D

GBPremo

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So after over an hour with ATT the guy informs me that if I upgrade to 4GLTE that I would lose my grandfathered unlimited data plan!!!!! WTF!!!! Just another way for ATT to stick it to ya!!!!

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
So you called and told him that the phone was goin for that price in NY??? I still cannot get that price change on the website.

Go to wireless.att.com . Browse smart phones and narrow results by os...obviously choose android. Find the skyrocket and open up the detail page. Look in the upper right and click change where it has your location set. Enter 10006 and see if this doesn't change the price. From there you can print the page and take that to the store. The printout doesn't show the area selected.

This worked for me...good luck!

GBPremo

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I did that. I just got frustrated when he told me I would lose my unlimited. There is another thread where people are talkin about this. So I hope its just a ploy from those assholes wanting to get rid all unlimited plans!!!!

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I did that. I just got frustrated when he told me I would lose my unlimited. There is another thread where people are talkin about this. So I hope its just a ploy from those assholes wanting to get rid all unlimited plans!!!!

Call shenanigans on the loss of lte too. Always always always ask for customer retention department when you know something isnt right. They have the power to make almost anything possible.

Short of the long, I'm actually gonna end up getting my SR for $89.99 after a $60 credit (thanks to customer retention dept)

Last edited:

cbn4forums

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
So after over an hour with ATT the guy informs me that if I upgrade to 4GLTE that I would lose my grandfathered unlimited data plan!!!!! WTF!!!! Just another way for ATT to stick it to ya!!!!
That is not true, as far as I know all unlimited data plans are grandfathered.. I used to have unlimited on my iPhone when I moved over to Atrix 4G, I kept. Now moving form the Atrix to the Skyrocket I kept the plan as well. Call and talk to someone else.

fanofdean

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone had luck with getting the refund in Las Vegas? I bought mine from a store at $249 less than a month ago, and was wondering what I need to do to get the refund. Thanks all.

NativeTxn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
If you go the route of buying the phone for $250 in the store and then calling to request a $100 refund (and provided you get them to offer a refund), do they credit it back to the credit/debit card you used to purchase the phone, or do they just credit your next bill? Or can you tell them which you prefer?

mrfr3sh2def

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
They gave me back cash in hand at the corporate store, but I am not sure if this is common.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

NativeTxn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
They gave me back cash in hand at the corporate store, but I am not sure if this is common.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Did you deal with AT&T Customer Service on the phone, or did you take a printout into the store after you had already purchased it? Some other method?

GBPremo

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Finally after 2 hours on the phone I got it for 135. plus tax and free overnight shipping.Thanks to gettin jerked around for a couple of weeks and some dumass at ATT that offered it to me for 135. last week but was gonna cut my unlimited data plan. Now I can breath a sigh of relief......... At least until next year!!!!

mrfr3sh2def

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Did you deal with AT&T Customer Service on the phone, or did you take a printout into the store after you had already purchased it? Some other method?

I took the printout into the store after I had already purchased it and they gave me the refund via cash at the AT&T corporate location. They did not call up the customer service hotline or anything like that.

NativeTxn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I took the printout into the store after I had already purchased it and they gave me the refund via cash at the AT&T corporate location. They did not call up the customer service hotline or anything like that.

I called the store where I purchased it and they said that they couldn't/wouldn't refund the difference. Told them that I had a printout from their own website showing a price of $150 and they still said they could/would do nothing.

I have a request into AT&T CSR to give me a $100 credit toward a future phone purchase/upgrade, so we will see what they say.

If nothing, I guess it might be time to take the printout to the store and talk to a manager...

mrfr3sh2def

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Def. take the print out to the store and speak with the manager. That is what I did. They "do not" have to honor the discount being that the online price is inclusive of a $100 instant "online" discount. However, if you speak to them nicely and let them know that the customer care hotline directed you into the store to get the refund they should be able to help you out. After all it is the same exact company??? If they still are not willing to work with you, you can always threaten to return the phone and give your business to another company or location? Those are a bit extreme but I have seen them work in different scenarios.

Shelby317

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I went into a corporate store before buying my Blackberry and our two new Skyrockets... The local corporate stores do not price match phones, but have a very generous return policy on accessories.

NativeTxn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
So, when I had called the store in Dallas where I originally bought the SR and told them about the printout from AT&T's site that showed $150 in other areas and that a friend of mine in Austin had upgraded for $150 in a corporate store, they told me that if it was in a corporate store they could not sell it for less than $250.

The person who replied to the email I sent to AT&T CS also stated that the person I spoke with at the local store was correct and corporate stores could not sell the phone for less than $250.

Yesterday, I stopped in Austin on my way back from San Antonio, to say hello to my wife's dad. I called a local Austin corporate store and they told me that to upgrade to the Skyrocket would be $150. I also stopped at a different Corporate Store in Austin and took the pictures below.

Looks like someone needs to tell the Austin area Corporate stores that they aren't allowed to sell the phone for $150, because obviously, someone didn't get the memo.