Setting up Ringtones on the Skyrocket
11-14-2012 03:41 PM
I'm an Android newbie. Coming over from Blackberry but ready to go back because this is getting frustrating.
My contacts are in MS Outlook. Each contact has name, address, home phone, wireless phone, & other for texting.
I synced up via Kies & brought the contacts over to the skyrocket.
My ringtones are on the sd card. I chose a contact assigned it a ringtone. It plays default tone. How do I assign individual emails to a ringtone?
I want different tones for email & phone. It was easy in BB.
Can someone please guide me? I want to keep this phone I really like it & want to learn.
Thanks.12-17-2011 02:38 PM
- I came over from Blackberry also. On my phone, here is how I do it. I added more personal ring tones on my phone in a directory I made on my SD card called 'Ringtones'. Select your 'Contacts', select the person you want to change the ring tone on. It shows their profile. Under the 'Other' band the second one down is 'Ringtone'. Click the > arrow, then select the 'Phone ringtone' or 'Select sound from My files'. Mine finds the phone ringtones and my personal ones and they are all listed. Select the ringtone and 'Ok' then I just his the back arrow (key to the right of the home key'.
That is all I have to do.12-17-2011 06:40 PM
- 12-19-2011 06:14 PM
- Hi LuvrGirl:
If I can't setup separate ringtones per contact, why is the option to set a ringtone for each contact available in contacts on the skyrocket?
Does anyone know if ICS will have the option? This is a deal breaker for me & I'll have to go back to the old blackberry tomorrow as my month is up on Xmas Day.
Need to know ASAP.
Spring.12-19-2011 06:24 PM
- Good Morning:
Just an update.
Been using the skyrocket since December. To my disappointment, I found out Android doesn't allow for custom ringtones on each contact one for ringtone the other for email & msgs. like my old blackberry did flawlessly. You have to have an app in android to maybe do it.
So following advice, I went out & got Ringo Pro.
The app is slick & it does what it says it does. However, for whatever the reason, it won't hold my choices.
I'm constantly having to go back in & reset my tones because something keeps jumbling them around.
I have security on the phone for malware protection.
Extremely frustrating. I need the different tones & I need them to stay put.
I've put I'd say 5 apps on this phone since I got it. I'm beginning to think one of them or the Ringo Pro app itself is doing this jumbling.
In any case 1 thing I've learned about android thru this experience is when it comes to email & messaging, android OS is left in the dust compared to what a Blackberry can do.
Spring.04-28-2012 09:28 AM
- Hey, Why not just use Zedge! It's awesome!
You're wrong about android.. I have different types of sounds for different callers, & my different email addresses.
Just explore your phone a bit more.. There's loads of options!
Sent from Down The Rabbit Hole, using Tapatalk 204-28-2012 12:30 PM
- When I set my ringtones they work fine until I re-boot my phone then the phone is reset and I have to reset all the tones.
Does anyone else have this problem? I switched from the BB torch 9810 because of the freezing, and I really like it except for the ringtones resetting.09-10-2012 10:43 AM
- I figured it out! when you go into setting and click on sounds go to Default notifications chose what app you are using, then check the use by defualt for this action and your ringtones stay even after re-booting.
- - - Updated - - -
I figured it out! when you go into setting and click on sounds go to Default notifications chose what app you are using, then check the use by defualt for this action and your ringtones stay even after re-booting.09-10-2012 10:59 AM
- Using Ringo Pro now but still real frustrated with the way android handles tones. I either don't hear anything or I get two tones. I have a tone on someone for msgs. When I get a msg. from them I get two tones. I don't know where the 1st tone is coming from but the 2nd tone is the tone I set for msgs. on that person.
I'm thinking the 1st tone is some kind of default notification tone but I don't know where to turn it off.
I like the phone but getting to the point of going back to my old blackberry 9700. Rim can't do much right these days but they know how to handle ringtones. It was simple & ya had a separate ringtone for calls, emails, & msgs. without having to find an app to do some of it but not all of it.
Spring.09-18-2012 04:56 PM
- Good Day:
Is there an app yet that will allow me to setup separate ringtone for emails from each of my contacts?
Ringo Pro lets me setup different tones for phone calls & msgs. I really need to have different tones on emails instead of one tone that tells me I have an email. Miss my old blackberry 9700 for that feature. Rim has a good system they just can't keep up.
Spring11-08-2012 12:09 PM
- Good Evening:
I have question.
I use Ringo Pro. I have one copy of my ringtones on the phone sitting in a folder on the sd card. All my musice files are sitting in another file in a folder on the phones internal storage.
When I open Ringo Pro to set a ringtone, the program is listing 5 copies of each rington & song I have on the entire phone. If I don't pick the 5th copy, I don't get a tone.
I've done a restart, battery pull, sd card re-format. Norton's shows no malware on the phone.
Is the issue the phone or Ringo Pro? I've sent the app developer an email but haven't heard back.
Thanks all.11-14-2012 03:41 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
Setting up Ringtones on the Skyrocket
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD