How to use Skyrocket without taking hands off steering wheel?

Chevy-SS

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Pioneer high-end aftermarket radio in my car (2003 Cadillac). The radio is terrific, with DVD, USB, CD, SD, MP3, etc, etc. It also has built-in Bluetooth. I've paired the radio to the Skyrocket and I can talk utilizing the radio's external Bluetooth microphone and the car's speakers.

But if I want to call someone, I have to hit the side button, then swipe, then hunt and peck for the contact name. So this basically defeats the entire purpose of 'hands free'.

Is there any way to make a Bluetooth call WITHOUT taking my hands off the steering wheel or my eyes off the road? It should be much easier than this....

Thanks for any help.

-

Chevy-SS

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
-

Well, I must say, I've been trying Vlingo and it leaves a LOT to be desired. I have my phone mounted in a Cadillac DeVille, which is a very quiet car, and Vlingo still is full of errors. I could not recommend this to anyone looking for true 'hands free' in-car cell phone use. Vlingo cannot get even the most basic instructions correct. For instance if I say "dial" or "call" and then announce (very clearly) seven digits, Vlingo has not once correctly completed this most basic task. Very annoying and disappointing.

The only good news is that Vlingo was just purchased by Nuance, and I'm hoping that Nuance can fix Vlingo so that it is functional for car use.

-

CrackerTeg

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It does have its bugs. I'll give it that. Remember one thing. In car mode, it states that its a beta. Like you said, it should get plenty of improvements soon. With each update, I've seen some of the bugs get worked out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance