GS SR or what other device?

Chinookman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been playing with wife's Skyrocket and in the landscape mode find it is very annoying to keep hitting the volume key or the power button. Plus as I try to use it I find it to be a tad too large. Being a Torch-9800 user and loving the Android speed and flexibility, anyone have any suggestions for another device that has most feature of the SR but not the big 4.5" screen and brick size? I know this is a personal preference and wife loves her phone!(pretty great for a non-tech gal I must say ha)

Any way appreciate the recos and oh yeah on a ATT carrier......thanks! :D

jonh918

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Most of the Lte smartphones are 4.5" screen for att, the reg. gsII non lte & moto atrix 2 have a 4.3" screen but lacks lte..The Samsung Captivate glide has a 4" screen but the specs. maybe lacking in some areas plus it has a slide out keyboard switch adds bulk.. So your only Lte options are Gs II Sr,HTC vivid and Lg nitro.. The vivid is the biggest of the three

Chinookman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey thanks guess I'll do a lot of reading on the Vivid...what is your personal take on this?

I'll take it with a grain of salt since we know it's all about personal likes etc. but I"m interested in the views of the serious gear heads. My main use will be to listen to audio books, Pandora iHeart, e-mail web browsing reading the news since my employer frowns on such things. Anyway the real factor for me is that I can quickly scan the news and finance pages where my Torch is still loading....ha what a lame device. Did not know what I was missing until I talked wife into upgrading what a blast.

Thanks again....!

jonh918

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey thanks guess I'll do a lot of reading on the Vivid...what is your personal take on this?

I'll take it with a grain of salt since we know it's all about personal likes etc. but I"m interested in the views of the serious gear heads. My main use will be to listen to audio books, Pandora iHeart, e-mail web browsing reading the news since my employer frowns on such things. Anyway the real factor for me is that I can quickly scan the news and finance pages where my Torch is still loading....ha what a lame device. Did not know what I was missing until I talked wife into upgrading what a blast.

Thanks again....!

i only played with the vivid at the att store and i notice it's thicker then the SR, i run pandora on my SR daily about 1-2hrs total with no problems with audio, even tested the loud speaker at home it's clear but not great at max volume..i have no problems with speed for web browsing,news and email, i'm not a heavy user.. Just pandora,text,google+, web browsing and voices calls and i get a full day use from 5:30am to 9pm w/30% charge left.. it's all about you and what you like, i would go to the att store or best buy and play with all three lte phones..The one number complaint about the vivid is the battery

Chinookman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone... off to the store next time I'm in Houston, they'll have a larger selection then my local store......have a great week and a Happy New year...

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
All the LTE phones on ATT have 4.5" screens. As someone said, the Vivid is skinnier, so it's easier for one handed use. But, it's also thicker and heavier.

There is also the LG Nitro HD, which has an HD screen. But, battery life is supposedly poor.

If you're willing to forgo LTE, the regular Galaxy S II is slightly smaller, and there's the Atrix 2.

Perhaps the best "small" phone (spec-wise) is the Atrix (first one). 4" screen w/ essentially the same processor as the Atrix 2. Of course, you can always get an iPhone =P

Chinookman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Our local ATT store says the Atrix got a lot of returns. Of course w/LTE being only in limited markets I wonder if eh bad reviews are based on high expectations versus reality of what the ATT net support? Hmm anyway I've looked at it due to size and I'm not a game boy (not at 60 anyway ha) nor movie watcher so I may take another look at it from a new perspective.

Thanks,
C-man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox