Receiving duplicate texts..

MAGiK9

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
For weeks, I have been receiving duplicate texts from multiple people. At first, I thought it was just my girlfriend, but i've also been getting them from others. I just reset my APN settings to default, so hopefully that fixes it.

Has anyone been having the same issue? Have a fix for it? You can imagine the frustration when I reply to a text only to receive 4 more once I put my phone back into my pocket.

zepoflash

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I just bought this phone on Monday and have had the same issue. It's quite annoying. The only thing that I did was reset to factory settings and have been careful with what I download. So far it hasn't happened again.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the stock messaging application? If you use a messaging application and your settings aren't right this will happen

MAGiK9

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I am non root and I am using the stock messaging app. Also, i've notice that everyone who double and triple text me are on iPhone. It is seriously so annoying.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Strange, I was having this happen when I had the vivid and it was well documented in the forums and was ultimately one of the reasons I switched to skyrocket. Text daily with 2 people who have iphones., one has the 4 and other 4s and no issues from them. My other family member who has a blackberry is the one whose texts I sometimes don't get, though they show on his end they were sent successfully.

myorion_riley

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I have been having the same issue, what is an APN?? and how do your reset it. I have downloaded a free virus scan software, and it hasn't detected anything at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37