1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Receiving duplicate texts..

For weeks, I have been receiving duplicate texts from multiple people. At first, I thought it was just my girlfriend, but i've also been getting them from others. I just reset my APN settings to default, so hopefully that fixes it.

Has anyone been having the same issue? Have a fix for it? You can imagine the frustration when I reply to a text only to receive 4 more once I put my phone back into my pocket.

Default Re: Receiving duplicate texts..

I just bought this phone on Monday and have had the same issue. It's quite annoying. The only thing that I did was reset to factory settings and have been careful with what I download. So far it hasn't happened again.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I reset my APN and i'm still having the issue.

Are you using the stock messaging application? If you use a messaging application and your settings aren't right this will happen
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I am non root and I am using the stock messaging app. Also, i've notice that everyone who double and triple text me are on iPhone. It is seriously so annoying.

Strange, I was having this happen when I had the vivid and it was well documented in the forums and was ultimately one of the reasons I switched to skyrocket. Text daily with 2 people who have iphones., one has the 4 and other 4s and no issues from them. My other family member who has a blackberry is the one whose texts I sometimes don't get, though they show on his end they were sent successfully.