Won't send SMS or make phone calls until reboot.

wtfmen

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday my mom's skyrocket wouldn't send SMS or make calls so she asked me to fix it. I was looking around in the network settings but I couldn't find anything wrong. Remembering my old samsung that would do something similar (or identical), I rebooted the phone. That fixed the problem and I thought it might have just been a one time thing.

Today it happened to my phone... Someone is supposed to wake me up through text message, but because of the same exact problem my mom's phone had, it didn't ring when I got a message or even receive the message (I woke up late).

So I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or if anybody could think of any solutions. I'm pretty sure more people will start to find this problem with their phones, but maybe it's just me and my mom.

I hope I didn't make the wrong decision by buying a samsung phone again.

Oh and I'm located in Dallas.

Anyone want to read about the glitch I had with my old phone? Hundreds of other people had the same problem.

Long story short:
Skyrocket can't send or receive SMS or make calls until rebooted. Happened to 2 different skyrockets.

wtfmen

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Well I wanted to make sure it's not a software bug first since the closest att store is kinda far and the most they will do is wipe my phone and then I would have to return once it happens again to get a replacement phone. And my phone is rooted so I would have to return it to stock.

Basically I have no trust in samsung.

jdm-skyrocket

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I understand the no trust part, I had issues with my skyrocket from day one, the guy at at&t ended up giving me 3 New skyrockets before I got one that worked properly, have you considered calling at&t support line, just to make sure its not a problem with there system, also is your moms phone rooted?

jdm-skyrocket

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Also there are a few post in this forum about the same type of poblem your having, if you haven't already you should go read those, but just to brainstorm a few ideas, you could cut flight mode on then back off, or if your wifi is always on try cutting it off, I have read that certain battery saver apps can cause this problem, you could reset your mobile networks access point names to default.

wtfmen

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
My mom's phone isn't rooted. It probably doesn't even have any apps on it other than the ones it shipped with. I'll call attention next time it happens.

Turning flight mode on and off might fix it the same way rebooting fixes it.

Adam Davey

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I find my phone doing this constantly and it is extremely annoying. But I think your right it could have been a serious mistake going samsung their customer care is absolutely pathetic compared to apple no help whatsoever thats even if you can understand them I am currntly having trouble with 3 of their products and after many calls and emails I still have no action my next step is consumer affairs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy