How to tell between Skyrocket and regular S2?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I just switched out my black SR for a white one. It looks different, feels different, and some of the display etc is different. Also, the usb cable plugin for the phone seems loose, and occassionally it will get bumped or moved and it disconnects then reconnects.

All these three things lead me to question whether this is the skyrocket or just the S2 or if there are some slight differences between the black and white SR. How can I Tell?

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
The flash on the S2 is beside the camera and below the camera on the S2 SR. Menu/settings/about phone/model number samsung-sgh-i727 = S2 SR

jdm-skyrocket

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I would take it back also, the skyrocket, has a bigger scream than the gs2, also its dual core processor on the sky rocket is clocked at 1.5 where the gs2 is clocked at 1.0. Other than that there are only small differences between the two, the skyrocket is just a souped up version of the gs2

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
If you have a physical home button, you have a regular s2. If not, you have a skyrocket.

Sent from my battery draining Skyrocket.

mcwtlg

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
If you have a physical home button, you have a regular s2. If not, you have a skyrocket.

Not necessarily true. I have an S2 (not Skyrocket) and:

* My camera flash is beside the camera
* Do not have a physical button
* Settings | About Phone | Model Number = SGH-I777