A few root questions

DashGlobal

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
So I want to root my Skyrocket and im new to all this and alittle confused.

I have installed Kies.

DO I need to backup my contacts and apps BEFORE I root my phone? Also how would I backup that stuff?

Is there any apps that I shouldnt delete after I root that may cause a problem?

Thanks, for the advice.

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
You do not need to backup for root. There are plenty of great guides available that have step by step instructions on how to safely root without losing any data. For your question about apps, there are lists on the internet on apps to freeze in titanium backup that include a list of apps not to touch. I would recommend searching xda forums for the lists.

Sent from my battery draining Skyrocket.

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
You will need the paid version. I was hesitant to buy it, but it helped my battery and phone performance greatly. Its worth the money.

jdm-skyrocket

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I never got lies to work so I used this method for root: I went here How To Root Your Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket I followed the easy instructions and I was rooted in no time. I made sure I backed up my contact to my sims card and my SD card, next go to the market and download a nonroot backup app, use it to backup all your apps because the rooting process will return your phone to factory defaults. After root there are no apps you have to uninstall, all though there are certain app you can remove that you normally couldn't.

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I used oneclickroot and it removed no data from my phone. It took 5 minutes and 2 reboots and I had full root.

jdm-skyrocket

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
You do not need to backup for root. There are plenty of great guides available that have step by step instructions on how to safely root without losing any data. For your question about apps, there are lists on the internet on apps to freeze in titanium backup that include a list of apps not to touch. I would recommend searching xda forums for the lists.

The XDA forum's are where I go any time I need android advice, they have all the android info you'll ever need.

jdm-skyrocket

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't do any backups, I rooted my skyrocket minutes after I walked out of the at&t store with it, but i flash alot of custom roms so I always back everything up when I root/flash, just for peace of mind.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX