Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Save battery life

These settings on juice defender ultimate added 10 hours of battery life to my skyrocket. As the battery on these phones are unfortunately horrible on the stock ROM, I figured I might as well share this.

Sent from my battery draining Skyrocket.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Default Re: Save battery life

What were you getting before?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Before, my phone only lasted about 11 hours of use.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Have you had any problems with it switching off Wi-Fi when it shouldn't have/ you didn't want it to, or anything like that?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

None at all. I have been using these settings for days with only 1 issue. With mobile data disabled when wifi is connected it saves a ton of battery, but you won't be able to send/receive mms messages unless you disable wifi, send/receive the message, then enable wifi again.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Hmmm. In the market, it shows the only Juice Defender that is compatible with my SR is the Beta version. Plus and Ultimate show as not being able to work
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hm. That's odd. I have it in the market and it works perfectly fine.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

When I pull up with Plus or Ultimate, it shows "This app is incompatible with all of your devices."

I tried logging out and back in to no avail. Guess I'll check it out periodically and see if the problem resolves itself.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Can you tell me how much time your display is on? My thought is that JD and other utilities help deal with the cpu, radios, and tasks but do nothing for the display. For example, I believe that no utility will extend the use of the display beyond 4-5 hours.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You can let JD control the display, but I didn't enable it. My display had been on almost constantly today because I have been mass using the phone.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I forgot. I didn't get jd from the Android market. I got it from the Amazon appstore. Try looking there.

Thanked by:

[[ NOTE: I'm posting this reply under the assumption that there are still not any LTE toggle apps available for the Skyrocket. If you know otherwise, please advise me-- or just skip my post entirely. Have a wonderful day. ]]

Just got a Skyrocket yesterday to replace an Infuse.
    I don't live in an LTE market, so the corporate AT&T store I bought my device at happened to not have any LTE-friendly SIM cards on hand.
    So, I'm still using the HSPA+ card from my Infuse.
    Anyway.
    Last night, I left my wonderful new Skyrocket connected to my household WiFi - with the mobile data connection still on - after going to bed with it being freshly, fully charged. This morning? I'm no worse off than I had been with the Infuse, which was typically amazing as far as battery life goes. Had over 3/4 battery left when I finally dragged myself outta bed.

Not sure if anyone purchasing this device would be willing to step on their own potential LTE usage by sticking with HSPA+ (which seems to be all over the place now), but I just wanted to let on that such is within the realms of desire and possibility - particularly if you aren't in or near an LTE market.

Getting an Android handset from AT&T that will be supported at all beyond initial release is extremely vague. I went with Skyrocket over the Galaxy S II because I didn't trust Exynos to play nicely with our domestic radios (Hummingbird-powered Infuse was sketchy at times, particularly in regard to GPS), and because I half-assed expect AT&T to give a damn about it for longer than a minute since LTE is their darling, mewling baby. I'm aware that this may prove to be hubris, and I'm okay with that.

I'll drop in here again soon if it turns out the brand new Skyrocket I just bought does indeed turn out to chew through battery life excessively. But so far, it seems fine.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Enjoy your new skyrocket