Weird - Thoughts Aprreciated

NativeTxn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
So I attend a weekly Rotary meeting that is held at a local Crowne Plaza hotel. I have noticed that since I got my SR, that while I am in my meeting, the battery drains VERY quickly (about 20% in the course of the one hour meeting) and it also runs very warm during that time (a range between 95 and 103 degrees is what I've noticed).

As soon as I leave the meeting, it goes back to a more "normal" drain and cools down to normal temperatures.

After the first time it happened I thought maybe it was that the Wi-Fi was on and kept trying to find the hotel Wi-Fi and continually refreshed the list, which might have caused the issue. However, today, I turned Wi-Fi off when I left my house and it still did it.

When I went into the meeting, I was at 95%, and the screenshots attached were taken in my car immediately after I left the meeting. As you can see, the screen was rarely on during that time, but the phone was almost always "awake," and I cannot figure out why.

The really weird part is that this is the only location where this happens. It has not happened in any other place I have ever gone outside of my house with the phone - ONLY at this Crowne Plaza.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this, because I am stumped.

NativeTxn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Hovered between 2 and 3 bars the whole time (and that is what it has done every time I have been there). I thought about that too, but there have been other places where I have been at 1-3 bars, and it hasn't drained even close to that quickly.

NativeTxn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Is it bouncing between the hotel's wifi and your LTE/HSPA+ connection while you're there?

It wasn't today because I had turned the Wi-Fi off when I left the house. That was my first thought, which is why I tested it today by having the Wi-Fi off.

jdm-skyrocket

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Im thinking this has nothing to do with your phone, Wi-Fi, apps or settings if it only does it at that spot, this truly is weird, I'm stumped as well, but very curious as to what can cause the battery to drain like that, where is this place located exactly?

NativeTxn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Im thinking this has nothing to do with your phone, Wi-Fi, apps or settings if it only does it at that spot, this truly is weird, I'm stumped as well, but very curious as to what can cause the battery to drain like that, where is this place located exactly?

Addison, Texas. I have been all over Addison (and other parts of the Dallas Metroplex) and it doesn't do it anywhere else, even at places within less than a 1 mile radius (including my parents' house and a school I coach at every afternoon).

The Crowne Plaza is the only place it happens.

jdm-skyrocket

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
And are you the only person that has battery drain issues at these meetings? You have posted abour this problem here before huh? I remember thinking the first time I read about this, I figured it was a wifi problem, but I see its not, if you can check with the other people at the meeting and find out if they noticed this issue, if other people are having this problem we can safely say its the hotel and not your phone, wouldn't want to hear about you on the news cause your skyrocket exploded into flames in your pocket, lol.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm stumped, but ditto on asking if other people are getting unusual draining while at that location.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

cdshepherd87

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the hotel is built on an ancient indian burrial ground........just sayin. Jk. :)
But it will be interesting the find out what exactly it is thats causing this. Maybe its the NFC chip that we have, the one we currently cant use . We can see it running but cannot use it (yet)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12