Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default lte news

Where's the best place to get news/rumors for the next cities that at&t will launch their lte network? Waiting impatiently in St Louis!

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm waiting in the same spot, and I heard from someone at an at&t store near there that it is coming in about 1-2 months.

Sent from my Skyrocket.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Default Re: lte news

I live by west county mall in STL and I got LTE one morning back on December 20th. It was only in the morning and once I got back from work it was gone. I only had one bar and did a speed test and got 14.44Mbps down and 4.71Mbps up. I was super happy and was hoping it was going to be announced in January but nothing yet.

At least I know they are installing it here now.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I heard that it will be based in wentzville or ofallon. Don't quote me on it though.

Sent from my Skyrocket.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I bought my Skyrocket from Best Buy. The guy who works there claimed that LTE would be launched by the end of January. I called an AT&T store to get there take and they said, "Hopefully by the end of the year". WTF! I'm scouring the internet but have found nothing definitive. Post any info you can find.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Of course, if anybody has any suggestions on the best place to get news/rumors for the next cities that at&t will launch their LTE network it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

No sales rep can tell you anything that you wouldn't be able to find out by searching on Google. They don't know anything more than you or I, and if they did, it'd be posted somewhere.

how legit is iti n LA , orange county calif. yet

is it here

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Well just looked at my phone and I am showing LTE now in Saint Louis. Woot!!!

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

First Speed test got me 116ms ping, 30.05Mbps down and 6.57Mbps Up
    Happy so far and that is with only 2 bars of signal.

I did a search for at&t LTE rollout and found that they plan to have LTE coverage in all markets by the end of 2013. Obviously they are hitting the major cities first. I'm in Greenville, SC and have 4G, just not LTE yet. Don't worry, I'm sure you will have it before I will. I'm happy with the 4G speeds, I can only imagine the LTE!! I may dump my ISP at home and get an at&t wireless card once they roll out LTE here!

Cleveland is #1 on the runway!

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cory2081 View Post
    I did a search for at&t LTE rollout and found that they plan to have LTE coverage in all markets by the end of 2013. Obviously they are hitting the major cities first. I'm in Greenville, SC and have 4G, just not LTE yet. Don't worry, I'm sure you will have it before I will. I'm happy with the 4G speeds, I can only imagine the LTE!! I may dump my ISP at home and get an at&t wireless card once they roll out LTE here!
    Won't work, since you will still have I think the max is 10GB data cap. So unless you only check email then I guess you can do it.

Did speed test here in Irving: 46ms ping, 26.41Mps down and 13.44Mps up. I've never been more pleased.

Once you get LTE in your area 4g is just slow, in the ATL market I am pulling down insane speeds.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I started this thread on january 26th. Finally getting LTE in St. Louis! Damn, its fast! Will try to post some speeds in a while.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

1 bar LTE gave 16.46 down, 4.68 up, 127 Ms ping

How bout them hawks!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by d.meyer View Post
    How bout them hawks!
    They're not bad for a 6th place team. I give them about as much chance of winning the Cup as I give the Cubs to win the World Series!

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reliefman1 View Post
    They're not bad for a 6th place team. I give them about as much chance of winning the Cup as I give the Cubs to win the World Series!
    ZING!

GO BLUES!!! haha

We have it here in the SF Bay area, but its spotty. I live in Marin, just over the GG Bridge and it's only in certain areas. I understand in SF proper it's spotty there too. I think it will take time until EVERY tower is upgraded to LTE.

Charlotte NC
    22.2 down
    7.8 up

LTE Rocks
    Greetings, program!

Global Posts
    1,245 Global Posts
    ROM
    rooted Nexus 5

I got 23908 down, 6509 up, 123 ping in St. Louis. Though last night sucked against the Bluejackets, still rooting for the Blues. :-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jacques; 04-01-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    Google Nexus 5--rooted
    HTC Nexus One--my first Android (still alive and kicking)
    HP TouchPad--dual-boot and ported CM10.1
    Pebble smartwatch
    Nike+ SportWatch GPS
    MacBook Pro--guilty pleasure

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Getting LTE in Wentzville, Missouri. About 15 down, 8 up.

I'm getting usually between 15-25 down and 6-15 up in North Dallas area. Sometimes it goes above 40-50 Mbps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lte news-sc20120401-171736.png  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast