Voice Dialing over Bluetooth with Skyrocket?

wgrayson

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
This question applies to Android 2.3.8 in general, but specifically with B/T connectivity with voice command for the Skyrocket. Can anyone confirm or have any info on whether or not the Galaxy Note using Android 2.3.8 works with voice over bluetooth and bluetooth dialing? the info I've seen on the net says there are problems. I'm only interested becauseI'm ready to upgrade from an obsolete winmo 6.5 phone (never used Android before), and it's bugging me me that there could be issues with a function I use daily. It's wild that my old phone connects with bluetooth using voice command fine, but the Skyrocket doesn't.

Anybody got any ideas or thoughts? Thanks,
W!

Nomad696

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I too am troubled with the lack of BT voice dial...haven't found any suitable apps that would help either...all of them need to be hand activated. I'm actually considering to return my SR and wait for the Galaxy S3 with hopes that it will have BT voice dial capabilities...

tvandegr

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure what you mean by hand activated? But I can long press on my bluetooth with Vlingo (well the Vlingo-InCar app that comes with Vlingo) and tell it who to dial. Now there are a lot of people that don't like Vlingo, but it seems to mostly work for me.

(Note I had to reboot to get it to work, but that is all I had to do)

Nomad696

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure what you mean by hand activated? But I can long press on my bluetooth with Vlingo (well the Vlingo-InCar app that comes with Vlingo) and tell it who to dial. Now there are a lot of people that don't like Vlingo, but it seems to mostly work for me.

(Note I had to reboot to get it to work, but that is all I had to do)

I mean that you need to activate from you phone, not from BT. And I don't know, I tried Vlingo but couldn't get it to work with BT in my car (2012 Hyundai Tucson). By reboot do you mean re-pair the device with your BT?

tvandegr

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
by reboot, I mean press the power button until it asks if you want to shut down. Then shutting down and turning it back on.

I have not tried dialing with a car, only my BT head set. I start Vlingo InCar and then I can press and hold my call button on my phone (and the first time it happens it asks what app should handle it (and if you want it to be the default). I got both Vlingo and Vlingo-InCar as options. I picked Vlingo-InCar (and now have set the default). I can also do it without Vlingo InCar started, but the first time I press the BT button it just starts InCar and does not continue on to listening to me.

I hope this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech