Using the Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket As a WiFI Hotspot

vintshave

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I current have a skyrocket with AT&T and am on their rip-off tethering plan. I've heard that with a rooted device you can use it as a hotspot and not pay the extra $$$$. Is this true? If so, what app would I use to do it? Finally, how could I test that it works without disconnecting my tethering service - I don't want to do that until I have verified that it works without it.

Thanks!

John

eban44

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Just root the phone and use app freezing program like titanium backup pro or for free use NoBloat free and disable Tetheringmanager2.apk thats what I did and now you can just go into setting and click on wifi hotspot and it works. No other app needed.

onlyoneromeo

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I thought AT&T allowed tethering and just pulled the data from your data plan. From what I know there's no extra cost to tether...

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I thought AT&T allowed tethering and just pulled the data from your data plan. From what I know there's no extra cost to tether...

This is only true if you're on their tethering plan. Otherwise, you will get charged extra (or worse, they will change your plan to the tethering plan).

Charlene Holstrom

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I current have a skyrocket with AT&T and am on their rip-off tethering plan. I've heard that with a rooted device you can use it as a hotspot and not pay the extra $$$$. Is this true? If so, what app would I use to do it? Finally, how could I test that it works without disconnecting my tethering service - I don't want to do that until I have verified that it works without it.

Thanks!

John

BMack37

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have used Foxfi for months, I've never had an issue with it btw.

Actually, one time my internet was down at home and a couple buddies wanted me to play Battlefield 3 on Xbox 360 so I tethered the xbox and played online...worked great with no lag, I was amazed.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
This has been mentioned a number of times in the thread, but FoxFi works great! I've used it to tether both a laptop and tablet...no issues so far!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance