Just got a software update on my skyrocket

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Still no dice on the update. Dies at 75%. Seems to be downloading fine. Just wont update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

nesto1

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok everyone,

If you are not on baseband ending in KJ2 - DO NOT BOTHER WITH THE UPDATE!!! It won't work

Talked with a buddy at AT&T corporate, they goofed(no surprise), and he confirmed what has been noticed on xda about the baseband.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok everyone,

If you are not on baseband ending in KJ2 - DO NOT BOTHER WITH THE UPDATE!!! It won't work
Talked with a buddy at AT&T corporate, they goofed(no surprise), and he confirmed what has been noticed on xda about the baseband.
tjanks for.the info ATT FAIL

NativeTxn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok everyone,

And what if we are on a baseband ending in KJ2 and it still won't work?

My baseband says I727UCKJ2 and I tried several times yesterday and it failed during the update (download was fine) every time. Haven't tried this morning...

nicholasdejohn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
After resetting the date to try the update again, the phone IA now telling me that it is up to date but the phone is still showing 2.3.5.

NativeTxn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Looks like they may have pulled the update for the time being. Tried checking for updates about 10 minutes ago and it said that my software was up to date.

nicholasdejohn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Looks like they pulled the update. I tried earlier this morning and had the update. Now I don't. My phone ends in KJ2.

I don't understand. I wish ATT and Samsung would stop screwing around and just release ICS already.

nesto1

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I reset and it let me download and failed. But it looks like my reset did not reset my baseband. - this was earlier about an hour ago, now looks like update has been pulled

Last edited:

nicholasdejohn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I did a reset as well and changed the date and it still shows me that my software is current. Guess it was pulled.

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok everyone,

I am on KJ2 and it doesn't work for me.

TravisS

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I finally got my update to install late last night. Had to do a factory reset for it to work though. Not worth it! As far as changes go, what I have found so far is a new lock screen and they removed some of the live wallpapers. Also you can no longer set your wallpaper to scroll behind your home screen as you change pages. If I find anything else that is notable I'll post it here. I had 2.3.6 from the November update but I don't remember the baseband or build numbers. Here is a screen shot of the new one's.

juls339

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
The software update bricked my skyrocket. I have a white screen that says loading, and an empty progress bar. Can reboot but just goes back to the same screen. Tried a few things I read online but nothing works. Please is there anyone who can help?:(

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
The software update bricked my skyrocket. I have a white screen that says loading, and an empty progress bar. Can reboot but just goes back to the same screen. Tried a few things I read online but nothing works. Please is there anyone who can help?:(

Just commented on your bricked thread

campguy

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
mine is frozen with a white software update screen, and a progress bar, but no progress after all night.
I'm on with at&t tech support right now
is there any way to avoid a master reset?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy