skyrocket gorilla glass

INDIGO-SUPRA

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I wanna know for sure and put this to rest already. I just got a skyrocket on att and need to know if the screen is corning gorilla glass or plastic or whatever. Any factual info will be appreciated.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I've opened the same thread a few months ago....
so anyway.. you may want to check out this vid SGS2 Skyrocket Gorilla Glass [FAILED] Scratch Test - YouTube
after unsuccessfully trying to research what glass is exactly being used on this phone I'm inclined to think its more of a modification of corning glass with collaboration of samsung. but in any case i believe the video speaks for itself don't try that at home! lol

nesto1

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
And keep in mind, the SR is a bigger screen, which means drops will affect it more and it will be more prone to cracking/breakage during a drop.

Simple mathmatics, increase the surface area of an object and the less force it will take to damage it.

And before people jump on me and say well the iPhone is smaller and cracks/breaks more during a fall the the GSII.

Yes, I know this. The reason has to do with build materials.

GSII = Plastic and Gorilla Glass. Plastic is flexable and durable.
iPhone 4/4s = Gorilla Glass and Metal. Both of which are not know for flexability.

If you drop an item with more flexability, it will be able to distribute the force of the impact throughout the item better, but drop the same item with materials made that are more rigid and that force then gets concentrated at point of impact(which is why you typically see iPhone 4/4s with extensive damage to a corner area)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC