ICS for Skyrocket?

Rescue29Engine

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Alright, it's past ridiculous with Samsung and it's affiliates annoucing release dates and then rescininding them. What's the hold up? Would I be better rooting my Skyrocket and getting ICS that way?

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Devs will give us ICS well before Samsung. Bank on it. Root and be ready for it.

Sent from the launch pad with my SkyRocket.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Devs will give us ICS well before Samsung. Bank on it. Root and be ready for it.

I agree with you there, especially how AT&T loves to drag their feet with updates. Only thing is the hardware in our phones is almost completely different from the international Galaxy SII. Once Sammy releases ICS for the international Galaxy SII LTE we'll have a solid base to work from.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

earlthepearl

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I've come to realize that when you get a Samsung phone on AT&T, be prepared to be last in line for any updates to the device. I went though this same thing with the Captivate. When I traded up to the SR, I resigned myself to being happy with Gingerbread, because I knew Samsung and AT&T would drag their feet in epic proportion getting ICS to the device. They have stayed true to form thus far. Samsung has the best hardware, but at the same time the worst track record for software updates.

Tronyx

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
"AT&T* today announced the availability of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) for HTC Vivid? customers. After installing the software update, customers can now enjoy the optimized audio experience of Beats by Dr. Dre Audio? and new and improved HTC Sense? experience. Information about these features and more can be found at AT&T Wireless- HTC Vivid (PH39100) Android 4.0 ICS Maintenance Release. HTC Vivid? will be the first U.S. smartphone to receive Ice Cream Sandwich as an update and the first to be issued by a wireless carrier. It will be followed by several other AT&T devices in the coming months:

LG Nitro
Motorola ATRIX 2
Motorola ATRIX 4G
Pantech Burst
Pantech Element
Samsung Captivate Glide
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy S II
Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9"

Source: AT&T

Chris