For those needing a little more battery and prefer OEM - Nexus

nesto1

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I found this over at XDA

Galaxy Nexus Extended battery 2100 mah
Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery on Skyrocket? - xda-developers

So I decided to give it a try, (for $25 + tax not a bad deal for an extra 250 mah - and I was just planning on buying a regular spare battery anyway). FYI, you have to get the Verizon version as the GSM version doesn't work.

Well I went on lunch and picked this up.

Charging right now, but it fit into my spare battery charger on my RND dock (with some cramming).

It is easy to get in, but a little difficult getting out. I might take the dock home tonight and work on it with the dremel, but not sure yet. Already had to dremel the actual holder a bit to allow me to dock with a case on.

Pics of charging. Once I get it charged, I'll stick it in the phone (there are pics on the link above showing how it fits in our phone)

20120312_123221.jpg

20120312_123206.jpg

eban44

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: For those needing a little more battery and prefer OEM - Nexu

Great find, I went out earlier and bought one. Got a mean look when she kept bugging me to get a case and other acc. then told her I was with ATT and it works in the skyrocket. haha

nesto1

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Great find, I went out earlier and bought one. Got a mean look when she kept bugging me to get a case and other acc. then told her I was with ATT and it works in the skyrocket. haha

Yeah they kept asking me for my phone #, I basically told them I don't have VW, and I don't feel like changing over.

nesto1

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Well I ran a test on it, from 100% charge to basically phone giving up and shutting down. I've already previous to this performed 1 full cycle charge(charge to 100% and deplete), so this is the second go.

I turned EVERYTHING on, BT, GPS, Screen to 100%.

Then I loaded up a game called 3D Mini Golf (game has a memory leak and will keep your CPU running at 50% or higher even when phone is idle) and minimized it(basically left it running in the background).

Then I started streaming on LTE via the HBO Go app, Harry Potter Deathly Hollows. Once that was done, I did YouTube streaming along with a bunch of speed test via the speedtest.net app.

Started all this at approximately 5pm yesterday. After all was said and done, I had used up approximately 1.5 GB of data. The phone gave up at approximately 11:30pm last night.

Battery lasted 6.5 hours under HEAVY intensive use.

I've since fully charged it, and now and doing a real world test(how I would normally use it) and we shall see.

Phone came off the charger at 1am cst.

nesto1

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Ok after using the battery the way a normal user might, I have to say i'm impressed .

This is what I managed

SC20120315-132715.png

SC20120315-132730.png

The battery was at 4% when I took those screen shots.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey