Can I make Auto Display Brightness brighter?

shinsen1378

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I like the concept of the Auto Brightness feature, but it usually is always a little bit dimmer than I want it to be. I just wish I could adjust it to be a bit brighter than it ends up being. In other words, is there a way to adjust the "base brightness" so the auto brightness will still work, but always end up being around 20% brighter than normal?

Chevy-SS

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
IMHO, don't waste your time. I tried numerous times to get it to work adequately, but I gave up. I just use manual setting at full bright. Very nice now.

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow full bright all the time? I like the idea as it makes the screen pop bigtime, but I wonder how much battery life do you get that way? Just curious.

Chevy-SS

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow full bright all the time? I like the idea as it makes the screen pop bigtime, but I wonder how much battery life do you get that way? Just curious.

I get plenty. But then again, I'm not a huge phone user. I use my desktop for email and general web stuff. Plus, I bought the extra-large battery for the Skyrocket.

-

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a huge fan of auto-brightness, its a battery hog. And ya it just doesn't seem bright enough sometimes. I just swipe my finger across the notification bar to change screen brightness. Swipe right to make it brighter and vice-versa :)

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
In relation to this, I'm curious if you can see your screen okay when you're outside?

I have my screen at 10%, and even after increasing it, viewing my device outside was terrible. User error perhaps?

Igothakrull

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
In relation to this, I'm curious if you can see your screen okay when you're outside?

I have my screen at 10%, and even after increasing it, viewing my device outside was terrible. User error perhaps?

Are you using an HTC?

Sent from my awesome galaxy nexus using tapatalk

Igothakrull

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
...maybe I should ask what brightness level do you keep your device on?

Thanks in advance

I have the settings on auto. That means that the phone adjusts the brightness of the screen to what kind of light the screen is exposed to. So when I go outside and it's sunny the screen gets the right screen brightness so that I easily can see what's on it.

Sent from my awesome galaxy nexus using tapatalk

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Curious, but wouldn't setting to auto cause the device to use MORE battery? Mainly because it would constantly have to check the lighting environment. Make sense?

Igothakrull

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Curious, but wouldn't setting to auto cause the device to use MORE battery? Mainly because it would constantly have to check the lighting environment. Make sense?

Maybe. But it hold throughout the day and I listen to music and look at Facebook or the Internet and text my gf. I use the phone more than the average and the battery still holds for me.

Skickat från min Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX