ics for SR leaked...

nesto1

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Checked with my friend at ATT, and this seems to be a Samsung build leak as they have not yet received their ICS build for the skyrocket.

cory2081

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Too bad Samsung stripped out most of the new features of ICS with touchwiz. Oh well, I'm not complaining too much, I think touchwiz does work great. Can't wait to get my hands on ICS and see how it improves other things. The Skyrocket definitely needs help with the camera, my Samsung Focus took much better pictures with just a 5mp cam.

wakers8569

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Too bad Samsung stripped out most of the new features of ICS with touchwiz. Oh well, I'm not complaining too much, I think touchwiz does work great. Can't wait to get my hands on ICS and see how it improves other things. The Skyrocket definitely needs help with the camera, my Samsung Focus took much better pictures with just a 5mp cam.

Really? This device is the best camera I've ever owned. Crystal clear and the feature compensating for my shaky hands really helps. I'm not trying to be smart, I really am just surprised.

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
It is a nice camera on SR but the iPhone 4s takes nicer photos. I can live with the SR photos but it could be better on this score.

Last edited:

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
A lot of the reviews that I looked at regarding the SR really kinda emphasized the camera as one of the selling points of the phone. I'm not much of a camera guy but I have been really happy it. I had an inspire and I do see a noticeable difference in picture quality. Just my opinion

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I look at it like this...the SkyRocket is in very rarefied air when it comes to camera quality. It holds it's own and does admirably well among the best out there. It may fall short(ever so slightly) of the best out there, but it is in the hunt. With all the other great features and performance this phone has, it's a no brainer as one of the best phones available on the planet.

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Right, well edit "that I looked at" from my post. I(I) didn't write the review, merely stating what was read umm by the reader.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

nesto1

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so i jumped on the bandwagon and updated to ICS last night.

Also rooted it as well(first time I have ever rooted also)

So far I am liking ICS. Still figuring out all the insouts but it is good.

I don't like the new power saving bar(it uses 2x4 instead of the old 1x4) but other than that no problems.

I got google wallet to download, but it won't work since it looks like I need some activation from ATT.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The thing I'm digging in ICS is being able to turn on the battery percentage meter in the notification bar. I always had to find a custom rom to enable that functionality. I'm glad Samsung is starting to listen to their customers a little bit lol

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
sweet, I don't think I have the guts to do this...lol...but I am anxiously waiting for AT&T to push theirs out! Does it feel any smoother or faster? your thoughts?

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
It runs really smooth, probably because in ICS there is hardware acceleration in the UI. The only bug I've found is that the phone locks up when turning it off, requiring a battery pull. A couple other people on xda have the same problem. Not a deal breaker but definitely annoying.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

ChillFactorz

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I flashed the ICS ROM too, I also went and added an ICS Launcher for the full effect. I did notice that the wallpapers zoom in on the picture used, so you will not get the exactly part of the picture you think you are trying to view. I'm waiting for some nice Roms to flash, the Skyrocket has some great devs on the XDA forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel