Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can you disable LTE or turn 3G off?

I find it hard to believe would leave out the option to shut off LTE but ya never know. If the option isn't there under mobile networks is there an app in the market that allows this? Anyway to force 2G EDGE or shut off 3G? Thanks

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted stock ROM

Default Re: Can you disable LTE or turn 3G off?

Based on what I've read in other threads, I don't think it's possible to turn off LTE or 4G.

*#*#4636#*#* from the dialer gives you access to the phones innerworkings, you can change the radio settings, it should be preset to GSM/WCDMA/LTE Auto..

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2903 View Post
    *#*#4636#*#* from the dialer gives you access to the phones innerworkings, you can change the radio settings, it should be preset to GSM/WCDMA/LTE Auto..
    Thank you very much for this information.

I had called Rogers more than 10 times and fought with them on how to get the name display work. None of them suggested what you have suggested and I never had it working.

With your suggestion, I got my problem solved. Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2903 View Post
    This doesn't work for me. I dial it and when I enter the last *, the whole things disappears and nothing happens.

I have AT&T Skyrocket, if that makes a difference.

Any suggestions?

same here.

I think ATT removed this functionality. I have the same problem as Robert. I don't know why they put so many restrictions on these things.