Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,415 Global Posts

Question Skyrocket...

I know the whole battery question with this device and other Android devices have been beaten to death.

But, on average what would you say in one day, with average use should the Skyrocket's battery last (with LTE & without)?

Curious; I'm testing to see how much I can get out of it over the next few days...

Thanks

I typically get about 17-19 hours on a charge woth moderate use (non LTE). I ODIN upgraded to the ICS leak and flashed RomRacers modified kernel and noticed a significant improvement over GB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Skyrocket...

It is going to vary greatly depending on how much you use it and what you use it for.

However, since you asked, I have only had it a week, but I get around 13-15 hours. This is non-LTE, mostly connected to wifi, only using it occaisionally for email, texting, pandora, twitter, internet, etc.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,415 Global Posts

I just want to get a full solid day from the device...

Sent from the Sky via a Rocket...

ROM

i just went to the verizon store and picked up a galaxy nexus battery and popped it in last hell of a lot longer than the oem it came with provides about 2 hrs more life

We have LTE here in Austin and I'm a fairly heavy user. With the regular battery I'm down to the 30 % mark by noon or 1pm. Sometimes I don't hit that point until 2 or 3 with a bit lighter use.

Its irksome but manageable. Just don't plan any ling trips without charging options. And speaking of which, I take.bigger issue with the molasses slow.charging than the short battery life. I really.lime the phone tho.

I should add that my phone typically comes off the charger in the morning at 530 am.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,415 Global Posts

I fully charged my device, and turned off WIFI, hence running from 4G\LTE.

From 06:00 - 11:19 EST, and my battery is at 75%. But, I've had two phone calls, about five minutes or so each. I've also been running Twitter and Instagram quite a bit this morning, lastly using TapaTalk, as well...

I think this is a pretty good percentage, no?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,415 Global Posts

And here are today's results...

Yes, I am getting similar results. I find no problem with the battery at all. I am @ close to 16 hours now...around 40%. I typically see 5-6 hours screen on time and that to me is good enough. The people I see whining about "5 hours" battery on this phone have an issue going on and don't realize it.

I can usually make it from 6AM to about 10PM on a single charge. One thing that seems to help is JuiceDefender. When I go to bed, My battery is usually at 30%. I am still curious about the GN Extended battery but don't like the tight fit people are reporting.

16 hours and 30% left is another positive battery report...extended battery would be fun to completely forget about battery forever.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,415 Global Posts

Those are good stats Skyrocketeer...

I wonder if the poor reports of battery issues with Android on a whole, is slowly getting behind us now? I know with my iPhone 4 & 4S, I could get two days, easily with normal use.

I just want a full 12-14 hours, and I'm getting that...

I didn't get that much out of my 4s but may have been a little better than my SR...smaller screen should go longer though I figure.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,415 Global Posts

Another solid day of service...

Nice!

This is since 9:38 am central time 4/5 without LTE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skyrocket...-sc20120406-033932.png  
    Last edited by harryg27; 04-06-2012 at 04:48 AM.
    Roll Tide!
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,415 Global Posts

...rather impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by harryg27 View Post
    This is since 9:38 am central time 4/5 without LTE.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Navi:
    I"m picking up the Skyrocket HD on Sundday hopefully if its available. Which menu or app is your screenshot from?? As others, I'm concerned about battery life and would lieke to miomitor on a daily/weekly basis.

Thanks,
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,415 Global Posts

Just to confirm, is the HD version of the SkyRocket available for purchase?

For the screenshot, I simply used the device itself; briefly press home then the power button...

Quote Originally Posted by bdurb456 View Post
    Navi:
    I"m picking up the Skyrocket HD on Sundday hopefully if its available. Which menu or app is your screenshot from?? As others, I'm concerned about battery life and would lieke to miomitor on a daily/weekly basis.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by bdurb456 View Post
    Navi:

Thanks,
    You would think we'd be seeing more press about this if it were happening this weekend...
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,415 Global Posts

...right, I don't see it on Samsung's website, or on AT&T either.

Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    You would think we'd be seeing more press about this if it were happening this weekend...

I don't know if it is coming out on the 8th, but there is a Washington Post article where the tech reporter claims to have information from AT&T that it will be released on that day. I am wondering myself as I might just pull the trigger on it before my 30 day look back is up...if not, oh well...I love this Skyrocket anyways!
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,415 Global Posts

My AT&T shop is NOT opened on Sunday (not a dealer, a real AT&T shop). So I doubt it would be released on that day...

Does anyone know if the HD version has improvements other than a higher pixel count screen? It appears the GS3 won't happen anytime soon, so I wonder if this will be an Apple-approach, sort of making this phone a slightly improved version of the current SR. I sure hope it comes loaded with ICS!

And speaking of ICS, has ATT rolled out the ICS update for the SR yet?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast