Software Update

gzbsds

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just got and install the 2.3.6 update this morning. One thing that I have notice is the swip screen now has a lock to swip. There were no apparent issues during the install and it seemed pretty seemless. I will keep you guys posted as soon as I have more information.

NativeTxn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
The things I have noticed so far:

The obvious ones like a few new icons, different swipe to unlock and answer calls, etc. that people have mentioned.

I'm using Zeam Launcher and the two things that annoy me so far are:

1) No more wallpaper scrolling as you swipe screens, and

2) When I change a wallpaper the crop box is now rather narrow from side-to-side. It cover the whole height top-to-bottom, but I can't make it bigger or smaller from side-to-side. I can move the whole box from right to left, but not expand it or shrink it.

Also, the wallpaper looks larger, not well framed, and almost like it is in a lower resolution.

When I switch back to TouchWiz, I still get the smaller crop box, but the wallpaper ends up looking just fine from a resolution and size standpoint.

Tested it in ADW Launcher and ADW EX, and had the same problem as in Zeam. Don't know what the problem is but I am not particularly pleased with this part of the update.

jwise1977

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Go Launcehr and Widget locker but when I disable both and move to stock Touchwiz I dont have the screen scrolling problem and I still dont see the swip to unlock on the lock screen. All i keep getting is my pattern lock. I did check and my skyrocket is showing android 2.3.6

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Go Launcehr and Widget locker but when I disable both and move to stock Touchwiz I dont have the screen scrolling problem and I still dont see the swip to unlock on the lock screen. All i keep getting is my pattern lock. I did check and my skyrocket is showing android 2.3.6

You have to turn off your pattern lock to see the new lock screen. Its nothing special, it just looks like a lock opening when you swipe.

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Never mind... Did some reading on XDA... Apparently you need to be at stock to do this update. Seems like more trouble than it's worth. I'll wait for the official ICS or flash a custom ROM.

Thanks!

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Not having a scrolling wallpaper is incredibly annoying. I switched to launcher 7 so I don't need a wallpaper. My powerskin lasted exactly 12 hours, so now I get to see the actual phones battery.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I updated mine. I noticed some minor design changes (phone icon, lockscreen text). Since we just got LTE out here, battery life for me may be hard to tell, though with LTE, I've been getting about the same life for the last few days.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Not having a scrolling wallpaper is incredibly annoying. I switched to launcher 7 so I don't need a wallpaper. My powerskin lasted exactly 12 hours, so now I get to see the actual phones battery.

I just noticed this...I normally have live wallpaper. That does stink!

Edit: it affected live wallpaper as well. It won't pan/scroll either.

Last edited:

dwain77

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed this...I normally have live wallpaper. That does stink!

Edit: it affected live wallpaper as well. It won't pan/scroll either.

Bummed about the scrolling walls too. Not that it's something I have to have for my phone to work...but I wouldn't have traded it for a couple icons and lock screen.

LoSt180

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
This update fixed the stuck battery icon when using non-samsung chargers.

Also, if rooted, you'll need to flash the stock recovery back on instead of CWM. Unfreeze/install all the stock apps as well otherwise the update fails.

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
This update fixed the stuck battery icon when using non-samsung chargers.

Also, if rooted, you'll need to flash the stock recovery back on instead of CWM. Unfreeze/install all the stock apps as well otherwise the update fails.

I'm in the latter boat. It's not worth the time to flash stock recovery and unfreeze apps. I'm going to wait for ICS or flash a custom ROM.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
For those of you that got the update but aren't happy with it, are you planning on flashing it back to 2.3.5, or wait until stock ICS comes along, which would (hopefully) fix the non-scrolling issue?