Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default @ Unlimited Users, what are your reduced speeds like?

I know AT&T gives LTE customers with the Smartphone unlimited data plan 5GB, but what I want to know is once you get there, what are your speeds like? Some iPhone users claimed they were getting download speeds of 0.02Mbp which is worse than dial up. Please comment.

ROM

I hit it before the cap was raised and it was that low. It is awful. I couldn't connect at all to anything. So glad that it was raised. Luckily I haven't hit it quite yet.

Default Re: @ Unlimited Users, what are your reduced speeds like?

When I first got the msg a few months ago in Charlotte, my immediate rate did not exceed 12 mbps, which is the highest non lte speed. However, that was a few months ago.

yeah im getting about that. i would change the apn and run on hspa+ but something has changed in the system not allowing that change. so after 5gb im slow as all hell for the rest of my cycle. very frustrating.

I have not had any issues like that. I'm grandfathered unlimited. My speeds in 4g in NY are super fast. Like faster than wifi. Uh, battery drain is goes down faster than Lindsay lohan can say "I'm sober "

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Mine goes down to about .63 mbps download and 1.02 mbps up.

I usually get about 9-11.5 mpbs up.

I can surf the web just fine feels like it takes while compared to regular speed. Pandora works but takes a bit to get going and i cannot use the high quality mode on it. navigation map update and all that works well. lets see so eventhough its way slower i can still manage i guess.

yeah ive been having that same issue. last week i asked if anyone had heard about how to make that change or make the apn change work but apparently no reply....sad really i loved being able to switch to hspa+ and cruising the rest of the cycle. I dont live in an LTE area most of the time so i dont know why it really matters that my data is slowed down.