New To Android & SGS2SR: Need Help

Sirrahdorraj

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I am new to Android, having come form a Win6.5 phone. I have only had my GS2SR for about 5 days now, and am still learning how to use it. If anyone could help me, I would appreciate it. I'm sure this is an oft repeated post, but after searching the board, I couldn't find an answer to the problems.

1. I have a business/personal (Sirrah@myemail.com) email account that I have set up, just like I did on my Win6.5 pos phone. Unfortunately, I can't get the phone to delete emails from the server when they are deleted from the phone (like I could in WIN6.5).
  2. I can't "Delete All". For example if I have 75 emails, but want to delete all 75 of them, I have to select the individual 75 emails.
  3. The same with my "DeletedTrash" folder. I just learned that all of the emails I've deleted from my inbox over the past 3 days (100+) are now sitting in my "Trash" folder, waiting for me to check them 1 by 1.
  4. Missing contacts, no easy way to copy them from Outlook to my phone.
  5. Bluetooth keeps dropping. It will say "Paired" with my Jawbone Prime, but not "Connected". Truthefully, this is waaaaay better than I had with my Windows phone. Bluetooth didn't work there at all. But it is inconvenient. It also could be a Jawbone issue.

Other than these few things (atleast for now!) I LOVE this phone!!!

Sirrahdorraj

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Issue #4 is fixed. Instead of going from Outlook to my phone, I imported them from Outlook to Gmail and then synced Gmail with my phone.

As for the account settings, when I check them on my phone, I don't see an option for deleting them from the server. Is there somewhere else I should be checking?

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
go to the email account and open it..hit settings, more, incoming settings, scroll down to "when I delete from inbox" dialog make your choice "delete from server". hope this helps, and let me know if it fixes your issue.

highstar

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been wondering how to change those settings too. Went to incoming settings and that option isn't there. Skyrocketeer are you running ics or gb? I'm running stock unrooted 2.3.6.

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I tried to do as you said, but when I get to "Incoming Settings" and click "Next" it tries to retrieve the settings but doesn't.

Don't click next...after you hit incoming settings scroll down(swipe up on screen) and the settings you need are down the page:

open the dialog "when I delete from server" which is at the bottom at the page.

Sirrahdorraj

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Same here. When I try it, there is no otion to delete from the server. All I have are "Common Settings" and Push Service Common Settings".

SC20120425-094805.png

Last edited:

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
There may be some differences in your phone settings because I am on android 2.3.5 and I believe you said you were on 2.3.6...so try hitting next because you obviously have to be able to set up your mailbox with server settings so the options I have exist on your phone too.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Wow.. pretty weird yet important process. Not being able to delete emails from the phone or server is definitely not good.. This makes me even more hesitant to get a Skyrocket which is now on Amazon for $80.. UGH!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Now THAT'S what I call a hard core Skyrocketeer! LOL What say you about the blue tooth voice commands issue I just learned about? Is it true that you cannot do searches or say "Call Ralph" using a blue tooth headset with the SR? Hmmmm..

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I know my name says it all...I am a shameless shill! lol...that said this is a great device...with some software issues...I blame samsung...my gosh get it together sammy!

Sirrahdorraj

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
There may be some differences in your phone settings because I am on android 2.3.5 and I believe you said you were on 2.3.6...so try hitting next because you obviously have to be able to set up your mailbox with server settings so the options I have exist on your phone too.

When I hit "Next", I will see this

SC20120425-221852.png

then I'll be back on the previous screen,

SC20120425-094805.png

without seeing what my incoming settings are.

Sirrahdorraj

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I got it working. After calling ATT tech support, I had to delete myemail account (after syncing my contacts). To delete I clicked on email, then the account @ the top right, next to "Inbox". That took me to the "Email" screen. Next I tapped "Menu" and then "Delete Account".

Next repeat the above, but tap "Add Account" instead of "Delete". Make sure you select "Manual Setup", and step thru accordingly.

I hope this helps others!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital