10-13-2012 12:42 AM
- Just updated!
Android version 2.3.6
Baseband version I727UCLA3
Kernel version 126.96.36.199
Build number Gingerbread.UCLA3
The only difference I've seen so far is the unlock screen has a new lock icon that's dragged into unlock on the lock screen. And the answer and ignore icons when a call comes in.05-07-2012 11:04 PM
- I noticed they removed scrolling wallpapers in this update. Why?!!
Now when I select a wallpaper I can only select a tiny horizontal piece from the image instead of the whole wallpaper like before the update. Then after I save when I scroll across home screens the image stays in the middle. Ugh.
That is so dumb I thought that was a common feature across android OS?05-08-2012 11:01 AM
- Has anyone else noticed their SR freezing when unlocking? I swipe the screen and more times than not it takes 10-20 seconds before I can get a response. I didn't have this issue at all prior to the update.
On a side note, I originally thought it might be an issue with ADW so I uninstalled it. That didn't help the freezing issue because it also happened using Go Launcher and running stock.
Any thoughts?05-08-2012 02:59 PM
- So what exactly is the benefit of the update then? It seems it's creating more problems than anything.. Does the update install automatically or can you block it?
I'm about to get a SR but as a newbie, I sure don't want to install any updates like this one, LOL.
Am really going to need some tutorials on using Andriod too, so if anyone knows a good place to learn, please direct me Thanks.05-09-2012 01:19 PM
I downloaded it, but still don't get scrolling wallpaper. When I select '2 screens' it gives a crop box that looks like it might allow scrolling, but still not working.05-10-2012 10:09 AM
- 05-11-2012 10:24 AM
- Wow.. TacMaster that's a pretty strong statement though you're obviously very unhappy too. It seems just about everyone isn't too thrilled about the update and I guess you can't roll back to the previous version either? This is making me hesitate pulling the trigger for an SR, regardless of the price.. Not good.05-11-2012 01:52 PM
- Wow I think some of you are overreacting! These aren't THAT big of issues. Sure the only real big noticeable change is the removal of scrolling wallpapers. Don't get me wrong I really don't like it but I'm adjusting. I can now pick out a custom section of a large wallpaper to see on my 1 screen. Does it suck? Sure. But can I live with it? Yes. Does it really affect the whole overall experience of the phone? No.
The only other visual change is the Phone icon. Instead of the solid green behind the white phone it's a checkered effect. Big whoop, I don't mind that.
The overall performance and the UI of Gingerbread hasn't been changed so I have no complaints other than the wallpaper change. I'm happy keeping this phone for the full 2 years unless something physically happens to it. By the next time I'm ready to upgrade we'll probably see the Galaxy S 4.05-12-2012 04:47 PM
- Jontalk...update is optional...I am still on 2.3.5 which is what my month old Skyrocket came with from the AT&T store...are you really about to get a Rocket In your Pocket? I'll believe it when I see it...2.3.5 is fine if you like stability....hello?...AT&T are you listening?...I like SH_T that works...HELLO?05-12-2012 11:31 PM
- I am still fine with the phone, just the new lockscreen looks bad (what am i a 2 year old first picking up the phone, i dont need SWIPE SCREEN TO UNLOCK starring me in the face everytime i unlock the phone) and the ring visual adds about a second of delay for a useless transition effect and instead of the missed text/calls sitting nicely on the side of the screen they are huge buttons in the middle with once again more delay for a useless effect. And the scrolling wallpaper made the homescreen have a bit more cool effect, now its just like the iphone05-13-2012 11:33 AM
- Zguy, I am sure you have already figured this out, but you can remove the annoying SWIPE SCREEN TO UNLOCK message on the lockscreen by going to Display in settings, and uncheck Help text. Also, you can add a personalized message to your lockscreen by going to Security in settings, and select Owner Information.
As stated above QuickPic fixes the non-scrolling wallpaper issue, but you also need a launcher like Go Launcher EX. Don't use Go Launcher EX to select your image though, as it will still only allow you to crop in vertical mode. Though you do need to make sure that Display Mode, in the Go Launcher EX Wallpaper settings, is set to Default, not Vertical, before it will work correctly. To get a horizontal crop, you have to go to Settings >, Display >, Home screen wallpaper >, QuickPic Wallpaper, and then it will let you crop your image correctly.10-13-2012 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD