Amazon raises price from $40 to $125

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Now there's an interesting strategy to move out older models.. Raise the price! LOL

Craziest thing I've ever seen.. I wonder if they're going to sell the GS3 for more than ATT also!

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I guess its good for me, if I decide to sell my phone maybe I could get more than I initially expected... The skyrocket is still an awesome device it's not even a year old....

Superman4060

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
i would think that maybe this is because we will soon receive ICS. if you have a cheater device with comparable specs as new phones coming out you would choose the cheaper. so if they give it a price hike and the new gs3 will be 199 you would probably be inclined to buy the newer phone because its only 75 more dollars. then again who knows. hahahahaha

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
SkyRocket out specs the majority of Phones out there today...do the math...they don't need to give it away....There are less than a handful of phones out there that can outperform the SR...very few in all...they are idiots for giving it away to begin with...this aint no Flip phone.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Amazon says the prices from the manufacturer fluctuate which makes no sense.

All I can say is that I would never pay the highest price this phone has been at in many months knowing it may drop to $40 or lower again.. Fortunately I have a phone that's working so I can just play the odds..

Anyone read the GS3 review and have comments. I found the conclusion less than motivational towards getting one.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone read the GS3 review and have comments. I found the conclusion less than motivational towards getting one.

The leap in performance from what I've read isn't a whole lot. I'll hold on to mine until next year, when either a cross-platform Nexus comes along, or the next Galaxy S launches. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I saw a few folks over in the VZW GS2 forum pre-ordered it for $150 (16 gig version), which makes Amazon's price on the Skyrocket WAY out of hand..

Not sure what's going on over at Amazon but they're not offering the discounts they used to so I see little advantage other than saving the sales tax. At the end of the day, if savings aren't significant it makes no sense to buy online when you can go to a store and pick it up.

Am going to sit tight until the GS3 is in the stores to compare it firsthand with the Skyrocket and HOX.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Is Best Buy Mobile offering any deals? That could be another option over Amazon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Right now I'm just going to sit tight.. I see that Amazon has increased prices on many of the devices to the point where there's little if any advantage from purchasing from them.

Don't see anything on Best Buy Mobile's site for the Skyrocket either.

And now that Apple is rearing its ugly head again, who knows what will happen next!