08-28-2015 01:43 PM
- First off:
2.3.6 ; Latest update from AT&T. NOT rooted..
Hey everyone, wondering if I could get some input from the experts. This started a few days ago; a few times (6-10) a day when tapping the unlock button to wake up my phone the lockscreen will flash and turn right off and then completely shut off and start vibrating in short bursts every few seconds and then eventually restart.
I thought I was pretty close to my full capacity on the phones internal storage so I cleared all my pictures and videos but still the same issue.
Things that may help?:
Running Launcher Pro (unlocked)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I really hope i dont have to Nuke my phone and start all over again :/06-05-2012 11:09 PM
- 11-17-2012 06:47 PM
- This just started happening to my phone! Glad I'm not the first. It has happened 5 times in the last 2 hours! Out of the blue, the phone screen will shut off, phone starts to vibrate about 5-6 times, and I've even had the camera flash flicker while it vibrates. Then the phone will eventually reboot. It's getting annoying.
Also something is wrong with my power/screen on/off button. Just pressing it once and the screen flickers on/off really fast. It doesn't stay on like it should for me to enter my passcode. I have to press it several times to get it to stay on.01-26-2013 07:45 PM
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I72701-27-2013 10:08 PM
- Went to an AT&T store today and they said I should call the insurance number and do a claim through there. I asked about getting a refurbished skyrocket and he said it's highly likely. They said I could get lucky and get an S3 if they don't have any refurbished skyrockets in that particular warehouse.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I72701-27-2013 10:11 PM
- Has there been any fixes for this problem other than getting a new phone? I have the same issue. I use my phone on straight talk so I cant just go and get it replaced under a warranty. My phone started doing this sunday night. It turned off and started vibrating for a couple minutes then turned back on. As I was trying to type in my password it turned off again and hasnt come back on since, just vibrates until I remove the battery or the battery dies. If I remove the battery and put it back in it will display samsung on the screen, then turn off and go back to vibrating. If I remove the battery and put it on the charger it goes straight to vibrating. I cant do a hard reset or get it to do anything other than vibrate.02-19-2013 07:40 PM
- I, too, have this problem.
My screen flashes between screen off and screen lock. The power menu appears and disappears; sometimes the phone reboots by itself. Sometimes it just shuts off and starts vibrating once every second until I pull the battery. Sometimes it turns back on by itself after I shut it off. It is getting exceedingly difficult to turn the phone on and off or lock and unlock the screen when I want or need to.
I believe it is the power button. I cannot find it separately and I don't fancy attempting to unsolder and remove the suspect button from the board and soldering a new one in place so I have decided to replace the motherboard. I have sourced a motherboard but I want to know what I can expect with the replacement, chiefly, where is the IMEI physically stored?
Do I need to be concerned that replacing the motherboard will change the ESN and/or IMEI of my phone? It is not an issue to go to AT&T and getting the IMEI /ESN added to my account but if it follows the motherboard then I need to be sure that the motherboard I have is not from a stolen or lost phone or delinquent account, right?02-27-2013 07:41 PM
- Sorry guys, didnt notice this thread picking up so much speed..
Since then I have gotten a new device.. I originally bought my GS2 at BestBuy and had the warranty so I took it back and had it replaced with a refurb. Initially the problem went away but has been slowly creeping back.. It must be a software thing.. Although it hasnt happened YET since I updated to 4.0.4.. Is JellyBean available yet for our "anchient" devices?03-04-2013 10:57 PM
- Well, to add a litle more background, my problem happened with both the original GB software and the official ICS upgrade. I elected against the motherboard replacement and sent it to Cell Phone Repair Pros. For $60 they replaced the power button and so far it is working great. I rooted today and it is still working great. It seems my problem has been solved.
For now; only been a few days.
ETA: I haven't seen any official JB release for our phones.03-11-2013 08:45 PM
- Sorry guys, didnt notice this thread picking up so much speed..
Since then I have gotten a new device.. I originally bought my GS2 at BestBuy and had the warranty so I took it back and had it replaced with a refurb. Initially the problem went away but has been slowly creeping back.. It must be a software thing.. Although it hasnt happened YET since I updated to 4.0.4.. Is JellyBean available yet for our "anchient" devices?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums03-12-2013 02:42 AM
- I'm also having this problem...not sure what is causing it, but I'd venture to guess that its the power button although it happens even when I'm not touching the phone. See screenshot.
The phone is rooted, its a T-Mobile Hercules and this started happening just recently.03-18-2013 04:41 PM
- I'm also having this problem...not sure what is causing it, but I'd venture to guess that its the power button although it happens even when I'm not touching the phonehttps://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...77427973_n.jpg. See screenshot.
The phone is rooted, its a T-Mobile Hercules and this started happening just recently.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums03-19-2013 12:14 AM
- Well I contacted Samsung and they had me try all sorts of things that I have already tried. They told me I would have to send it in for repair. They paid for 2 day shipping. I'm not sure what they replaced but they replaced something and sent it back and now it works great. It was covered under warranty.03-19-2013 09:21 PM
- 04-23-2013 10:38 AMLike 1
- Hi all-
Looks like this is a common problem. It's gotten a lot worse for me in the past few weeks, and I'm not sure what to do. I'm a couple months out of warranty, and I'm up for a new phone in a few weeks. Is there anything I can do in the meantime to get this working without paying a ton? And if not, and I get a HTC One in a few weeks, what should I do with this phone if it's still having the power button problem and I'd like to try and sell it?04-29-2013 12:47 AMLike 1
- Ok so obviously not a random issue. I will have had my phone 1 year next month.....maybe it was closer to July 1st, whatever. I NEVER!!! turn my phone off. Last night at midnight I went to check messages and it was off. It took at least 3 minutes to get it to come back on, and it appears ok now. When I had my captivate, it did this all the time(although ONLY at night) and I put the CAPTIVATE STAY ALIVE program on the phone and it never happened again. I suppose there isn't a program for this phone, isn't the skyrocket like the captivate II? I am on AT & T. I am just wondering if I should warranty the phone before the year is out, but I have so much crap on it, and my screen protector was like 20$, of course if the phone dies I am screwed anyway. I really like my phone too, hopefully this was just a fluke!05-14-2013 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD