Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: USB device not recognized

You really helped me out there! After trying drivers, rebooting etc. for hours, your trick finally worked. Thanks for sharing!!!

You really helped me out there! After trying drivers, rebooting etc. for hours, your trick finally worked. Thanks for sharing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by robert n View Post
    Try this...it worked for me...Except I started getting this all of the sudden and Every single time I would connect to my PC.

I read this solution on the internet but did not think it would work...but I took 2 minutes and tried it and it worked! give it a try..you only have to lose 2 minutes...

1. hold your phone and look at the micro USB connector on the bottom edge of your Skyrocket

2. you will see a "tongue" inside the USB port.

3. put something "non metalic" (I used a flat wooden toothpick). Gently, lift up the "tongue"..
    I used a twirling motion on my toothpick to raise the tongue up a little bit. Don't Go PRYING it up...just be gentle because you don't want to break your toothpick inside the phone or break the Tongue.

I did this and now I do not get the "USB device is not recognized". Give it a try and post here if it worked for you. Spread the word if it does.

Good Luck!
    intimateangel and Bravia like this.

Smile Re: USB device not recognized

The only reason that I registered on this forum is to thank you! It's fixed with a toothpick. Thank you very much!

Try this...it worked for me...Except I started getting this all of the sudden and Every single time I would connect to my PC.

I read this solution on the internet but did not think it would work...but I took 2 minutes and tried it and it worked! give it a try..you only have to lose 2 minutes...

1. hold your phone and look at the micro USB connector on the bottom edge of your Skyrocket

3. put something "non metalic" (I used a flat wooden toothpick). Gently, lift up the "tongue"..
    I used a twirling motion on my toothpick to raise the tongue up a little bit. Don't Go PRYING it up...just be gentle because you don't want to break your toothpick inside the phone or break the Tongue.

I did this and now I do not get the "USB device is not recognized". Give it a try and post here if it worked for you. Spread the word if it does.

Good Luck!
    Am I doing something wrong? Because I tried it and still no luck. When connected into my pc, my phone says "Connected as media device," but it doesnt show up on my pc.
    Vincent H likes this.

Awesome ... Thank you . It worked for me tooo

It worked perfectly, thanks a lot...

my galaxy mini usb port is not recognized by PCs how can i fix it, please help me guise

Thanks a million !!
    I've been going nuts , trying to figure out the problem for three days and just got through it !!!!!
    It really is helpful , trying everything but this really did work out !!

Hi I never reply to these things either but i cant believe this worked. Well done.

Re: Galaxy S2 connection problem:
    Like many of you, I just registered to respond to this problem and tell how I resolved it.
    I too had the USB device not recognised message and could not connect to my PC. I tried many of the suggestions from the internet to no avail..
    I tried the toothpick method but it didn't work either.
    Then I tried a trick that I use on electronic devices or other items that have some dirt or dust in them - purse your lips really tight and blow hard - this can dislodge the muck and allow a connection. The computer recognised my phone immediately after doing this so I suppose that's what did the trick. Unfortunately this only worked temporarily and I still have connection problems. I can see the phone in My Computer but when I try to open it it shows me a few folders then hangs. Also Kies can't connect either, but then that's not really surprising, is it?
    So am I right in concluding that the problem is a physical one to do with the USB port?

Driving me mad like others tried everything
    This Worked - Great Stuff
    Thanks a lot

Thankyou so much for this valuable suggestion

This method worked for me too... I used a toothpick...

Thanks for the suggestion....

You are GOD SEND. After literally giving up trying everything, I happened to come across your post and I was pretty sure it wouldn't work but it did. THANKS A TON. So people just push the tongue a little up and it will get detected as a mass storage maybe while cleaning I might have pushed the tongue down.
    Bojan Kohut likes this.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

This is getting a bit repetitive.... But it worked for me too. (**Yawn**) (Thanks, tho'!)

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Paranoid Android

Wow thank you!

Thank you, it worked for me too.

Thankyou sooooooooo much!!! Several weeks ago my rooted Nexus 4 started coming up with the same error messages. I reverted to stock fearing I had caused the damage by playing with the voltages. I had no joy and have been unable to do anything about it since.

I know this isn't a Nexus 4 thread however it certainly worked for me so nice one.

Talking Re: USB device not recognized

awesome advice.......just took 30 seconds...and now its perfectly fine..

Good Luck!
    Thanks!!!! I've been trying to solve this problem by trying different types of USB driver for almost two months. then finally! because of that toothpick thing.. it works!
    and I also joined here just to thank you

I signed up just to thank you today for saving my ****! Not only did I fix the tongue, I also found out I had a sh*tload of dust just compacted into the port.. Thank you again and again!

Talking Re: USB device not recognized

Thanks! Great hint. It worked for me as well!

Many thanks...

Charming solution...

Thumbs up Re: USB device not recognized

dude,
    u're ******* awsome... thanks for the gr8 help... my phone was bricked .. hugs
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast