Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: USB device not recognized

+1.. You helped me lot.
    Thanks...

Hi, It really worked. Thanks.

Take care while using toothpick. In my case it did break and I had to remove the broken part with help of pin but of course after switcing off the phone and remove the battery. Please be careful. Good luck.

Amazing...it worked. Tried the toothpick, but did not want to pry to hard...did not work. Then tried plastic pick to clean connections...did not work. Then used my wife's cutical tool to pry up..and it works.
    Silly Samsung.

Reading the solution to fiddle with the connector using the toothpick, I just changed the cable and it worked. I had a cable plugged in to a USB port all the time for charging and for remote storage access (photos) but all the sudden it stopped letting me connect to my phone's storage but the phone still showed as "charging". Changing the cable lets me do both again. Putting the old cable back on and I get the USB device not recognized message again but the phone starts to charge.

Thanks man..that did it

This is because your device is connecting to the laptop as a "media device". This is changed easily by (after connecting your USB cable to the PC and the phone) pulling down the notification bar from the top of the screen (the black bar at topmost with small icons on it for new users). The first entry should see is called "Ongoing"and it tells you how the device is connected to the PC (either as a camera or a media device-you can activate (by touching) either the camera optionif you want to access your files or the media option if you want to play music or videos on your computer directly.
    Lastly, depending on how you use your camera in between USB connection times you would have to do this again if your device is not recognised the next time you plug it in (because sometimes when it's on a wireless network the device automatically switches back to media device)
    please post back if this helps
    Mario

hi guys i have troybbles my phone samsung SII not recognize the pc
    and not turn on please help me?? SII is dead
    someone can tell me if the method can use in SII ??

thanks...

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

This should be a video tutorial! I have trouble understand this instruction.

Few hours ago, it was working but now it won't work.

Thumbs up Re: USB device not recognized

Awesome it worked like a charm, I spent almost an hour trying to re-install the driver and boot my laptop numerous times. Never thought the solution would be so simple and non-technical Thanks s ton!

Hi Guys

Same problem, USB device not recognised by Windows. Lifting up the tongue did not work for me, but this did: Plug the phone in, restart the phone, windows recognises it. No problems.

Oh my days this worked. So not expecting it to. Thanks a million.

THanks for that Advice on USB device not recognized!!

took me 1 minute...
    Fixed

Thank You for that method ! It worked you are a genius

Its take 10 seconds and all is works Thinks :*

Red face Re: USB device not recognized

Craziest Idea.. pushing the USB tongue of the Phone ... but it Worked ... Thanks..

For people who like me couldn't solve this problem.

I tried to bend this tongue with no better success afterwards, but I switched my connection cable to another one then it worked !

It appears that the other one - non official micro usb - was poorly featured, switching back to the original Samsung cable solved the issue for me.

Thanks Bro! It does work!

thank men your my savior :P

I tried this with absolutely no expectations and it actually worked! you've saved a lot of stress thanks mate.

It worked 100 % ! I only signed up so I can thank you ! You saved me of a lot of trouble ! Thank you again !

THX!!! WORKS FOR ME too THXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

wow, it worked, my samsung gs2 is now fully functional again, thanks a million

Hello All.

Please Help.

I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 mini. I tried to root it, unfortunately used the wrong ROM and it went into Bootloop.
    Then I tried installing again, but that did not work either

My phone can get into download mode, but my computer does not recognize it. It comes up as "other devices"

When I right click on properties (in device manager) there is no device name.
    When I try to install the drivers, My PC says drivers are installed and up to date.

How can I restore my phone, when my PC won't recognize it.

what can i do as my samsung s2 is not recognize??
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast