Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default USB device not recognized

I charge my phone via usb cable directly onto my computer sometimes, and every now and then I get a "USB device not recognized" error message. It is hit and miss, and I'm not exactly sure why. Does anyone have the same thing happen to them?

Default Re: USB device not recognized

Quote Originally Posted by jbautista83 View Post
    I charge my phone via usb cable directly onto my computer sometimes, and every now and then I get a "USB device not recognized" error message. It is hit and miss, and I'm not exactly sure why. Does anyone have the same thing happen to them?
    Try this...it worked for me...Except I started getting this all of the sudden and Every single time I would connect to my PC.

I read this solution on the internet but did not think it would work...but I took 2 minutes and tried it and it worked! give it a try..you only have to lose 2 minutes...

1. hold your phone and look at the micro USB connector on the bottom edge of your Skyrocket

2. you will see a "tongue" inside the USB port.

3. put something "non metalic" (I used a flat wooden toothpick). Gently, lift up the "tongue"..
    I used a twirling motion on my toothpick to raise the tongue up a little bit. Don't Go PRYING it up...just be gentle because you don't want to break your toothpick inside the phone or break the Tongue.

I did this and now I do not get the "USB device is not recognized". Give it a try and post here if it worked for you. Spread the word if it does.

Good Luck!
    Thanked by 12:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks for the tip. It works!

Quote Originally Posted by jbautista83 View Post
    This is a hardware problem. Playing with the USB connector may result in the problem going away for a short period of time, but essentially, the phone is defective.

Default Re: USB device not recognized solution

Well I've heard people only talking about resetting your PC's USB modules through removing power for a minute or two. The problem is that this may not work for everyone. The mobile device has a USB module as well which may require a minute to two of being left without battery reset. Hope this help you! Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Well I've heard people only talking about resetting your PC's USB modules through removing power for a minute or two. The problem is that this may not work for everyone. The mobile device has a USB module as well which may require a minute to two of being left without battery reset. Hope this help you! Cheers!

Global Posts
    4,299 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Default Re: USB device not recognized solution

Took mine to AT&T DSC couple days ago. They reflashed it. It worked for like 1 day. Then stopped working.

Taking the phone back this weekend. Want another phone or it's going on CL so I can ETF and get something on Verizon, they have better LTE coverage anyways.

i cant believe this actually worked! i was confused because the usb cable was charging but not recognizing it. raised the tongue a little and boom it works great. thanks for saving me from rolling back to gingerbread...

thanks, i was pulling my hair out with this

Geee wiz! worked for me also. Lifted up the tongue with a guitar pick. Was pulling my hair out over this. Cheers !!!!

thanks man its work for me...

Thumbs up Re: USB device not recognized

No need to risk messing with the usb connection, just turn off the phone and turn it back on again. Fixed it straight away for me after messing about for 3 days!

is there any tip to apply coz i tried to lift up ( maybe i dont know in which direction to lift up the tongue)
    I've tried for weeks nothing happen

Thumbs up Re: USB device not recognized

this methord works thanks for the help

I didnt put anything but jst pressed the cable upwards to set the tongue and guess wat.... U R A GENIUS.... HAIL U MAN... SUPERB THINKING....

Just a firm pull up of the USB cable (when connected to phone) did the trick for me too.
    Actually the very reason i started to have this problem was after an accidental bending of my charger USB connector while my phone was charging
    That must have displaced or damaged the usb toungue within my phone (charger was wasted anyway).

Default connot download apps

Each time I try to download app from play store, it tells me 'invalid account password. Can sombody help out here
    Greetings, program!

Global Posts
    1,246 Global Posts
    ROM
    rooted Nexus 5

Default Re: connot download apps

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Kanee View Post
    Each time I try to download app from play store, it tells me 'invalid account password. Can sombody help out here
    This doesn't fit the subject of this discussion, but anyways you could go under Settings>Apps, look for Google Play, and clear data. When you click the app again, you will have to login. You should be able to download apps as normal.
    Google Nexus 5--rooted
    HTC Nexus One--my first Android (still alive and kicking)
    HP TouchPad--dual-boot and ported CM10.1
    Pebble smartwatch
    Nike+ SportWatch GPS
    MacBook Pro--guilty pleasure

I followed this advice. Now my phone says it's connected to Samsung Kies, but the device isn't detected by my PC at all.
    Greetings, program!

Global Posts
    1,246 Global Posts
    ROM
    rooted Nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by xOneRingx View Post
    I followed this advice. Now my phone says it's connected to Samsung Kies, but the device isn't detected by my PC at all.
    Kies Air, or Kies that you had setup on your PC?
    Google Nexus 5--rooted
    HTC Nexus One--my first Android (still alive and kicking)
    HP TouchPad--dual-boot and ported CM10.1
    Pebble smartwatch
    Nike+ SportWatch GPS
    MacBook Pro--guilty pleasure

robot n, man! i usually dont leave a comment but for you i even registerd to this website just to personaly thank you!

the suggestion / solution was wonderful although not technically relevant. but it worked. thanks a lot. i generally do not take the trouble to reply. but i ensured that i definitely replied to this as i was amazed at the way it started working. but just switch off the mobile, switch on and do the trick suggested. thanks a million to whoever discovered this.
    Last edited by APARNA KANNAN; 02-05-2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: most wonderful solution

This guy is genius..... this worked after months of no answers.

I almost felt silly trying it, but it worked! Thanks!

My Samsung rooted Galaxy SII did this on all my computers so I couldn't connect to Kies. The solution that worked for me on all computers was to plug the phone into the computer, then restart the phone. When it reboots, the computer recognizes the phone correctly and now I can connect to Kies or transfer files.

my computer wasn't recognizing my phone at all and the toothpick trick worked! thanks so much, i can't believe how many "soft" fixes i tried.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast