Sell Skyrocket and buy HTC One X?

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a skyrocket and I listen to Google Music, SiriusXM, radio.com, and podcasts a lot. I have Beats Solo HD headphones that I use. I'm kind of bored with the Skyrocket and with TouchWiz. Is switching to the HOX for the beats audio and stock ICS a good enough reason to sell my skyrocket for like $275 and then fork over the difference to buy the One X off contract?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't do it, you'll be disappointed!

I had a Skyrocket, returned it and went to the HTC One X. Needless to say, I'm back on a Skyrocket. It simply works with no issues, EXCEPT not yet having an official version of ICS...

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I currently use both the Skyrocket and the One X. I live both of them. If you're bored, you should probably do it. The display, and camera on the One X are great.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

I had a Skyrocket, returned it and went to the HTC One X. Needless to say, I'm back on a Skyrocket. It simply works with no issues, EXCEPT not yet having an official version of ICS...

Again? Wow Navi sorry you gave it another go and are still having wifi issues. I have both phones still and see pros and cons to each. Loved my spare battery of my skyrocket, but loving the camera and display of my hox and now I get all my text messages. How are you using that micro sim in the skyrocket?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site

Skyrocket has it on HTC One X in 2 areas that are game changers for me:

1. REMOVABLE battery...

2. WIFI that works.

One X is sweet looking though...that said...battery alone keeps me on Samsung...that flexibility is just too much for me to pass on...also I don't want to see the androids go the way of apple on the battery, I wouldn't buy a car with a non-removable battery, don't know why I would want a phone with one.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Let me explain.

I bought my Skyrocket from AT&T, and then earlier last week I went to AT&T and swapped for an HTC One X. In doing so, they swap the SIM for me.

Yesterday, I took my HTC One X back to AT&T (still within my 30 days, hence I can swap for a fee) and swapped to a Skyrocket. Thus they swapped the SIM for me...

I tried to like everything on the HTC One X, but it simply didn't JUST work like the Samsung Skyrocket does. The only two things I miss on the Skyrocket are: 1. Google Chrome and 2. ICS ;)

PS: sorry for digressing...
My question would be then how do you swap the sim card back and forth between the 2 phones?

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a skyrocket and I listen to Google Music, SiriusXM, radio.com, and podcasts a lot. I have Beats Solo HD headphones that I use. I'm kind of bored with the Skyrocket and with TouchWiz. Is switching to the HOX for the beats audio and stock ICS a good enough reason to sell my skyrocket for like $275 and then fork over the difference to buy the One X off contract?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

HOX doesn't have stock ICS

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
The skyrocket just works and it works well, and the HTC one x is garbage, I took mine back after 4 days.

I would only swap the skyrocket out for the sg3.. Those are the two best phones on ATT

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

dustlane

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I have been using an iPhone 4s for six months and the camera is great. However, I have sent it in to apple five times for repair starting two months after I got it. So now I need an android. I liked the HTC but the wifi was messed up so I got a skyrocket. Now I see the galaxy s3 is available so I may go return the skyrocket and get the s3. I don't know what to do. The camera on the HTC was great.