Update for ics will be available by June 24.

techdistrict

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Was talking to a Samsung Rep with customer service and just asked when an update would come. Screen shot the convo and was too excited to finish chatting with 'nick'.
I may be wrong. But seeing as other galaxy s II phones are getting updates on other carriers.

I really really hope he's right. Got this phone in March. Moved from a iPhone 3gs. I figured since the phone came out in November the ics update would be later that month... little did I know. Anyways. Ill spend the next hour or so Googling away for official sources.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I would love for this to be true but I have a feeling it wont happen. As much as I love my skyrocket I really wish I would have waited for the one x. Personally the gs3 looks way to feminine for me. What do you guys think about the promise of 6-24-12?

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah we already know for sure It will get ics its just when will we receive it

tuukka87

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I getting fed up with no ICS update and the toying by at&t to delay it, might consider switching to a iphone, where the manufacture controls the updates not the money hungry carriers.

Jasco43

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they're saving the update for the skyrocket for an early Christmas present come December. Wouldn't surprise me at all. This is a great phone, but I'll never purchase another samsung device ever again, just because of how they lag on their updates. :mad:

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Ehhh no it wont be December again I'm saying mid July but I'm hoping ill see news one day sooner dying that they released it ota. For me I will not buy touchwiz, sense, or any other skined phone. I'm going to be straight nexus from now on. Hopefully they will release one to at&t or I may have to jump ship ;)

bnceo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Skyrocket is my first Android device and while I love the specs, to see ICS sandwich out for so long and not have it is discouraging and frustrating. I've come to realize that the only smartphones that are worthy of Android are the Nexus line. Because of this experience, I'm honestly thinking of getting the new iPhone.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
The Skyrocket is my first Android device and while I love the specs, to see ICS sandwich out for so long and not have it is discouraging and frustrating. I've come to realize that the only smartphones that are worthy of Android are the Nexus line. Because of this experience, I'm honestly thinking of getting the new iPhone.

Taking a step back would accomplish what? I would love to see the look on your face after a week of that tiny screen (compared to the skyrocket).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463