Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Re: Kies for Skyrocket?

I fired up Kies a few minutes ago and was prompted for a new version .7 After the install there was also a firmware update for my Skyrocket. It is applying as I type. I will report back what changed.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by shawnh77 View Post
    I fired up Kies a few minutes ago and was prompted for a new version .7 After the install there was also a firmware update for my Skyrocket. It is applying as I type. I will report back what changed.
    Please do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

There's a new version of Kies available and it should be able to update the SR to ICS.

Support - AT&T Cell Phones SGH-I727 | Samsung Cell Phones

Red face Re: Kies for Skyrocket?

Finally ICS for skyrocket is here at KIES!!!!!!

http://www.samsung.com/us/article/android-4-0-explained

Look at the date of the article 12/11/2011, that's how long it has been ready!!! This is not an OTA update, it has to be done through Samsung KIES

If you don't have KIES you can download it from this link: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/Su...5&fm_seq=51638
    Last edited by Grampy7; 07-09-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: update
    Thanked by:

ARE YOU SERIOUS IM ABOUT TO RUN HOME FROM WORK RIGHT NOW!

Thanked by:

Full success for me! It's finally here everybody!!

Screen cap please?

Make sure your battery is fully charged otherwise it will cancel download.

And I'd this is true I suggest we all install ics as SOON as possible they could pull it like they did with the original s2

Id imagine this is up just for a test or something right now and its suppose to be OTA like the people at samsung said

Quote Originally Posted by Ping1337 View Post
    Id imagine this is up just for a test or something right now and its suppose to be OTA like the people at samsung said
    I wouldn't count on these upgrades to be OTA for the AT&T variants. The original AT&T GS2 wasn't updated OTA and I expect it to be the same for the Skyrocket (Proven already) and the Note (Said to be upgraded to 4.0.4 tomorrow)
    --Retired LG Optimus V owner
    --Hated the Motorola Triumph
    --Loved the Samsung Galaxy S II
    --Really enjoying the LG Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by andel7539 View Post
    I wouldn't count on these upgrades to be OTA for the AT&T variants. The original AT&T GS2 wasn't updated OTA and I expect it to be the same for the Skyrocket (Proven already) and the Note (Said to be upgraded to 4.0.4 tomorrow)
    your right but it is offical today out of the mouth of samsungs website

Support - AT&T Cell Phones SGH-I727 | Samsung Cell Phones

on the top it shows update info

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ozziedog View Post
    My Skyrocket is on 2.3.6 not working for me, I still get the following "Your device does not support software upgrading via Kies"

I think this option only works if your Skyrocket is running 2.3.5.
    I think you're right, hopefully they put 2.3.6 as the latest in Kies at some point, otherwise ICS upgrades are going to be tricky. Kind of makes sense it says your device is not supported since running "Firmware Upgrade and Initialization" loads the phone up with 2.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Grampy7 View Post
    Finally ICS for skyrocket is here at KIES!!!!!!

Get to Know Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich | Samsung Cell Phone Article

Look at the date of the article 12/11/2011, that's how long it has been ready!!! This is not an OTA update, it has to be done through Samsung KIES

If you don't have KIES you can download it from this link: SAMSUNG
    ...and when you click "See the List" below Android 4.0 updates you'll notice Galaxy S II Skyrocket (SGH-i727) doesn't have an update listed next to it yet.

If ICS has been available since Dec 2011 for our phone, do you really think people would be posting about installing leaks..?

Edit: N/M seems to be sort of confirmed by Ping1337's post

It took all of around 15 min to download & install ICS 4.0.4 on verizon fios 35/35.
    This is the official version. I am not kidding.
    Model # I727
    Android ver: 4.0.4
    Baseband version: I727UCLF6
    Kernel ver: 3.0.8

It is HERE!!!!

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I am trying to return skyrocket to stock from the UCLF5 leak that came out a like two weeks ago. Using ODIN and the .tar file. However something goes wrong. Everything goes back to gingerbread except the baseband version keeps staying the same. I got KIES to update successfully now I just need the phone back to the correct baseband version. Anyone can help?

Here's a follow-up. I found that the ICS update was available today via Kies. You have to install Kies, then install the update. What I didn't know was, in my experience at least, Kies does not recognize your phone on 64-bit WIndows 7. I found this out after trying on 4 different machines. Lucky for us we have a lot of PC's around. I finally tried a 32-bit version of Windows 7, and the update worked right away. So, the answer is 32-bits.

Updated on windows 7 64 bit ....no issues at all

Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by toddrizzo View Post
    Updated on windows 7 64 bit ....no issues at all

Cosigning on this one. No issues on my Win7 64bit PC.

Also, battery was at 75% and it's taking.

can i get an amen please

If you rooted your phone, and didn't revert back to stock correctly, then kies will keep giving the same message of incompatibility. I had that same problem and it turns out that the stock tar provided by Krane is not 100% stock. Google recovery stock tar i727 and that zip file is the correct tar. No disrespect intended or any negativity toward Krane (he is very helpful to us skyrocket owners)...so please don't take it as anything more than a simple answer and resolution for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mdanderson View Post
    Yes I get the same message and most of the time I can't even get Kies to connect to my Skyrocket. I really don't like Kies so far. It is too unreliable.
    If you rooted your phone, and didn't revert back to stock correctly, then kies will keep giving the same message of incompatibility. I had that same problem and it turns out that the stock tar provided by Krane is not 100% stock. Google recovery stock tar i727 and that zip file is the correct tar. No disrespect intended or any negativity toward Krane (he is very helpful to us skyrocket owners)...so please don't take it as anything more than a simple answer and resolution for you.

Quote Originally Posted by skigoddess View Post
    I am confused. After reading several posts in the Skyrocket threads, I was under the impression that the ICS update (whenever they flip the switch) would need to be downloaded through Kies. I just had a chat session with Samsung and they are telling me Kies is not compatible with the i727 and that the ICS update would be avaible OTA.

So what is it? Do any of you have Kies working with the i727? And will the ICS update be OTA for me?

Thanks for your input!
    The necessary tar file is attached in this video. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mdanderson View Post
    Yes I get the same message and most of the time I can't even get Kies to connect to my Skyrocket. I really don't like Kies so far. It is too unreliable.
    The necessary tar file is attached in this video. Hope this helps.

I'm confused as how to update via Kies air. That's the only version we have on our phones so how do we do it?

Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DM_Droid View Post
    I'm confused as how to update via Kies air. That's the only version we have on our phones so how do we do it?

You don't use Kies Air. You use Kies on the PC/Mac.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast