Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Kies for Skyrocket?

Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    You don't use Kies Air. You use Kies on the PC/Mac.
    Well how do you sync to update when the phone only has "Kies Air" but the PC has regular Kies? I can't get them to talk to each other.
    Nexus 4 (Feb 2013 - Present)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (2011-2013)
    Verizon OG Droid (2009 - 2011)
    ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 (May 2012 - Present)

You don't need Kies air at all. It's just a way to manage your phone without having ro connect via usb. Did you make sure that you have a "check" mark in the box under menu-->settings-->applications-->usb debugging? Also, exit kies restart your pc/mac(i had to use a mac) there should be options in one of the dropdown menus at the top of the screen, while using kies, top update the drivers. Do that. If youve ever downloaded kies on that computer before make sure that all remnants of previous versions are gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Oh, ugh, silly me. I didn't think I could launch Kies Air and connect it via USB. I didn't see how that would work but I will try that.
    Nexus 4 (Feb 2013 - Present)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (2011-2013)
    Verizon OG Droid (2009 - 2011)
    ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 (May 2012 - Present)

Quote Originally Posted by tinktink09is View Post
    The necessary tar file is attached in this video. Hope this helps.

I have downloaded this file but Odin doesn't recognize it. What am I doing wrong? I'm getting ready to OFF myself!

Quote Originally Posted by trumpetdude88 View Post
    I have downloaded this file but Odin doesn't recognize it. What am I doing wrong? I'm getting ready to OFF myself!
    I have the same issue. Everything is stock but baseband.
    and I can't get that download to work withodin either.

I love the irony of someone who's clueless calling someone else clueless when he doesn't know what he's talking about.

A.) The phone originally shipped with GB, which is what "came with the phone" for almost a year.

B.) As of the message you were replying to Kies DID NOT support upgrading the I727 firmware, ergo the "clueless" Samsung Support people you were referring too were in fact correct in their response.

You are the epitome of all that is wrong with forums these days.

Quote Originally Posted by skyrocketeer View Post
    Lol, the Samsung Phone Support people are clueless sometimes... It comes with the phone and works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by trumpetdude88 View Post
    Try a different cable and or usb port, I was having the same problem I and that's what fixed it.

Talking Re: Kies for Skyrocket?

Found the solution, DONT plug in your phone, put in the model number and then it will ask for your serial number, after it process it , it will then tell you to plug in your phone, i have tried it all ways and it would always tell me that the phone is not recognized. it is now seeing the phone and updating.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123