Random Reboot w/ vibrations Tried factory reset

Reddamein

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Okay so recently (within the past week) my samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket has been randomly rebooting, no signs or anything just randomly black screen then vibrating over and over until it finally turns back on a minute or so later. These reboots started out occasionally but have now progressed to where I cant even make a call with out it rebooting.
I have tried virus scans (after a friend who worked at best buy suggested it) nothing came up.
I then decided to back up and do a factory reset but was frustrated to find that it would reboot when trying to get into recovery menu!! I finally got it though and hoped that everything would be A-OK.
Im at a total loss of what to do and dont know whether I can take it to ATT store as it is rooted and am not sure whether that voids warranty or not (iv been told it does and iv been told that all you really need to do is a factory restore). Any help or tips would be appreciated!

3lectroid

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine did the same exact thing a month ago.. I did a full factory reset and it didnt help me either.. It did it a few more times after the reset then went away a few days later, hasnt happened since..

bnceo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Unroot the phone and see if you can send it in to Samsung for repair.

The problem with that is you are without a phone for a week or so. This is why having a backup is essential.

Moreover, if that doesn't work (like it didn't with me), contact AT&T Warranty repair. They will try literally everything with you (such as factory rebooting, which is a pain doing it for the 3rd time). But finally, got a new one sent to me. Not for this issue, but a HW issue.

123androidfan

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
i tried to use the leaked updates fro the skyrocket to update my phone and i connected it to odin and clicked start then it said pass after like 2 seconds and now my phone won't switch on or work or even connect to kies

on the top right of my phone in small :
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I727
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL

then there is a picture of a phone and computer with a yellow triangle within which is an exclamation mark

under this picture it says:

FIRMWARE UPGRADE ENCOUNTERED AN ISSUE. PLEASE SELECT RECOVERY MODE IN KIES AND TRY AGAIN.

i tried connecting my phone to kies but it wasn't recognized kies kept saying connected for like 1 hour and still didn't connect

ANY IDEAS PLEASE I WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP SO MUCH!

sliique5490

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here, after FOUR phones from Sprint. Finally, the Lead Tech decided to try without the micro SD card and it solved the problem, so he off loaded all the things I had on my Micro SD Card, REformatted MY Card, REloaded all my stuff and voila! Problem gone. Sprint NOR Samsung could solve this after multiple calls and trips to Sprint Repair Center....Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC