Tried to update my skyrocket to ics from odin but update failed

123androidfan

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
i tried to use the leaked updates fro the skyrocket to update my phone and i connected it to odin and clicked start then it said pass after like 2 seconds and now my phone won't switch on or work or even connect to kies

on the top right of my phone in small :
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I727
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL

then there is a picture of a phone and computer with a yellow triangle within which is an exclamation mark

under this picture it says:

FIRMWARE UPGRADE ENCOUNTERED AN ISSUE. PLEASE SELECT RECOVERY MODE IN KIES AND TRY AGAIN.

i tried connecting my phone to kies but it wasn't recognized kies kept saying connected for like 1 hour and still didn't connect

ANY IDEAS PLEASE I WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP SO MUCH!

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Tried to update my skyrocket to ics from odin but update fail

I had that happend once. remove the battery, plug you phone to pc it will star to vibrate, put the battery in while holding volume up and down then release after a second or two you should get into the odin download mode, follow the exact directions from this link http://forums.androidcentral.com/sk...-odin-thread-return-stock-fix-soft-brick.html
this is to return your phone back to stock GB 2.3.5 if it works, you can try the leak again then.
it may still show the same error message while the Odin program will start the image uploading, DO NOT unplug the phone, if you see Odin loading up the files just wait, the phone should reboot then by itself. follow the directions form this link to the latter
Edit: Kies most likely will not recognize your phone . you'll have to restore from this link

Last edited:

NPan813

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

im having the same problem plz help
mine skyrocket isnt responding to anything
not even kies

and I cant put it to download mode

xsinfulangel

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site

mine did the same. i foolishly pulled the battery and restarted. luckily, it just went back to normal. then it wouldn't recognize my phone, so i had to uninstall/reinstall kies. right now i'm updating the firmware. hopefully this pans out..

mikestang11

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Same prblem here,phone is bricked,talked to samsung and att,going to have to send it in for exchange

ritthyhang

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Trust me its not brick just use Odin to flash stock gb rom back on.I had this happen to me just a few minutes ago search online for kokane stock skyrocket tar and flash that thru Odin then your all set.

mikestang11

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Trust me its not brick just use Odin to flash stock gb rom back on.I had this happen to me just a few minutes ago search online for kokane stock skyrocket tar and flash that thru Odin then your all set.

Well like i said ,i did use the odin thing.My phone will not go into download mode so it can't do the odin fix.I dl both files and followed all directions exactly.There have been others who had the same issue.Just got my replacement yesterday,they said it would come with ics preinstalled.It didnt and i am not even going to try.Seems like its all a big mess and buggy anyway

rvolpe123

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

^^^ who did u call to get a replacement,... i cant do anything to my phone, so pissed

mikestang11

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

i just called at&t and told them what happened and that samsung suggested i call them.

Kagolanu Karthik

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

I had that happend once. remove the battery, plug you phone to pc it will star to vibrate, put the battery in while holding volume up and down then release after a second or two you should get into the odin download mode, follow the exact directions from this link http://forums.androidcentral.com/sk...-odin-thread-return-stock-fix-soft-brick.html
this is to return your phone back to stock GB 2.3.5 if it works, you can try the leak again then.
it may still show the same error message while the Odin program will start the image uploading, DO NOT unplug the phone, if you see Odin loading up the files just wait, the phone should reboot then by itself. follow the directions form this link to the latter
Edit: Kies most likely will not recognize your phone . you'll have to restore from this link

Thanks It Really Helped Me..... U Saved Me today...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay