What will ICS really get us?

Spookydad

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased an Android A10 based tablet. It is a pure (rooted) ICS machine. After flashing new roms, it is a fairly snappy machine. It is a single core 1 ghz machine so the quadrant score is only a third of my Skyrocket.
However in regular use, the performance is about the same. I am not really seeing much difference running ICS. Other than being able to tinker with the file system, there isn't much I can do on the tablet that I can't do on the Skyrocket.
Since the tablet is wifi only, I have to use the phone when I am out. There are plenty of wifi hotspots in Houston so, being able to tether the tablet to the phone is more hassle than it is worth. I am typing this in a Duncan Donuts without Wifi, so I am using the phone. Coming back from the 10" screen is tough. The keys are tiny.
I don't play any 3D shooter games so I can't speak about that. I am not sure if ICS will change anything there anyway.
Everyone talks about being able to remove bloatware, but this phone has so much storage, it doesn't really do any harm. I don't use the phone as a Mp3 player so I am not looking to squeeze in a few more songs. (the bloatware is going as soon as I get ICS just on principle)

Maybe I am missing something here, but I don't see what ICS is going to change. I used to check this forum every day, hoping to get some good news about the release date. Now I check it casually, because I am still looking forward to ICS, just for the coolness factor.

Neil

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
tried all ICS leaks for SR, besides the slight change of UI and a few tweaks here and there I found it to be a bit more useful when it comes to installing apps that aren't compatible with GB (e.g. Chrome browser, Apex Launcher etc.) a revamped Google navigation, a better keyboard word correction, an ability to use NFC (locked on GB, not that I've ever needed to use it anyway) overall not much of a change from GB but I suppose I too want to have it on my phone for the "coolness factor" lol

brunnels

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Since your flashing Roms on your tablet, why not flash an ICS rom on your Skyrocket. Honestly i love ICS on my Skyrocket, google chrome is a reason in itself to get ics.

Spookydad

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I am reluctant to flash my phone as I depend on it. If I soft brick it, then I have to go back to the att store. My tablet is a toy so if it is unstable or down for a few days, it isn't the end of the world.
A new browser isn't enough of a reason to go to all that trouble.
I am happy to wait until the official release to get a (more) stable version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz