Downgrading ROM in order to get official 4.0?

teshko321

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys i am currently on 4.0.4 ICS UCLF5 baseband version. I am also rooted, but i want to go back to my stock 2.3.6 somehow so that i can use Kies to update to the official 4.0 ICS. My battery is not that great with this rom and also being rooted... Let me know if it is possible to go back to an older firmware so that i can use Kies to upgrade officially to 4.0. Thanks a lot!

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah man I had to...unfortunately I could not do the upgrade with UCLF5 on my phone had to go back to gingerbread 2.3.5 then do the upgrade to 2.3.6 then to ICS. Took me 6 hours

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Go to sammobile.com that's where I got mine or go to the Rooting ROM forum section and read up on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

teshko321

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I just went back to the stock 2.3.5 that i downloaded. I flashed it with Odin. Kies does not allow me to upgrade my firmware... idk what is going on. What is the reason for not allowing me to upgrade. It says that there is an official 4.0 on Samsung.com.. hmm

teshko321

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I connected to Kies and it says "Your device does not support software upgrading via Kies" i dont understand why it is saying that.....

lowrider1954

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I had UCLF5 on mine and Kies also said not supported. I went to tools in Kies and used the Update and initialization. You need Serial # and Model # (must use caps in serial #) It installed ICS Update without having to flash back to 2.3.5.. Everything seems to be working fine so far..

Last edited:

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I just went back to the stock 2.3.5 that i downloaded. I flashed it with Odin. Kies does not allow me to upgrade my firmware... idk what is going on. What is the reason for not allowing me to upgrade. It says that there is an official 4.0 on Samsung.com.. hmm

which file did you use to flash to 2.3.5? k0nane ? if k0nane then most likely its not gonna work. you gotta use this [HOWTO] | RESTORE TO STOCK | ODIN | ROOT | CWM | : ROGERS & ATT : GB & ICs - xda-developers
you can get the file directly from here xda-developers - View Single Post - [HOWTO] | RESTORE TO STOCK | ODIN | ROOT | CWM | : ROGERS & ATT : GB & ICs
just flash like you would normally do with Odin then you can OTA to 2.3.6 and then to ICS via Kies

brytonic

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
You can also try what I posted in another thread. This uses Kies but it pushes the image while the phone is in bootloader / download mode. So Kies doesn't care which version the phone actually has. Another thought is you might need to be on 2.3.6 (via the AT&T OTA) and not 2.3.5.

Here is a post describing how I went from leak #3 to Samsung / AT&T 4.0.4 stock...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ga...yrocket-available-via-kies-2.html#post1941714