Att on lock screen and status bar

brytonic

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
It really bugged me at first, there are already enough things that clog up my notification bar just to turn the phone on. I found that it appears then fades away so it has bugged me less. It is there on the lock screen always, I use a PIN. Once I log in, it dissapears after 1 - 2 seconds. I usually only see it reappear when I pull down the notification bar, but again it goes away when I close it.

At least 4.0.4 is better with silent/vibrate than 2.3.6, that blasted OS would show a silent and a vibrate icon when I turned that on... waste of real estate! 8)

Reactions: Kimberly Boals

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
The only way to get the AT&T off the notification bar without rooting the phone is to have an on-going notification (from my knowledge). Have an app like My Data Manager or Battery

The only time it will show up is when the screen is locked. It will disappear after a few seconds after the screen is locked.

It works on my original GS2 with OEM ICS 4.0.3 and it should work with the Skyrocket as well.

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Yea I just got a Chomp SMS icon and the ATT went away, the second I clear notifications its back...all well, at least its not there along with other notifications. I wonder if the status bar AT&T is an image or if it is "text". I will black it out once we get a root.

is better with silent/vibrate than 2.3.6, that blasted OS would show a silent and a vibrate icon when I turned that on... waste of real estate! 8)

Wasnt that the dumbest thing? I put up with that for a week then I rooted and replaced it with a black image that didnt show up.

Spookydad

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Isn't the ATT symbol telling you that you are on the att network?
I seem to recall seeing the Telus logo there when I was travelling to Canada.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Jwatt0918

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
This can be done easily if you have root access. Download a file explorer and navigate to /system/app. Rename your current systemui.apk to systemui.apk.bak just in case. Place the downloaded systemui into system/app and set permissions to rw rr. If you dont know how to set permissions google it :) This will change your status bar including icons but will remove att logo. They are my favorite set of icons anyway so win win. Hope this helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqbpzq1bk1fxfcs/SystemUI.apk

Last edited:

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
You could look at some of the launchers out there, and see if they have any lockscreen widgets to replace the stock lockscreen. You can also look at WidgetLocker Lockscreen or other apps similar to it that replaces/changes your lockscreen.

theShiz

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Haha! Just thought of an Austin Powers moment when they were sitting at the meeting table. "Really?!" That being said I would rather not have AT&T showing at the top either. Much rather have the current weather show there or something. Glad I rooted my ATT infected variant to remove the annoyingly loud AT&T boot up and their stupid ringtones. Could have dealt with the boot up without the sound, but nope-they always take it to the next level. Just want service, not their software.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1