Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "sgh-i727 does not support initializing"

Has anyone found a fix for this message? I downloaded Kies from Samsung, installed it on my computer, successfully connected to my sgh-I727 and Kies does not give me the upgrade pop-up. When I go to tools and try to manually start a firmware upgrade I get the following error message "sgh-i727 does not support initializing". Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

ROM
    I317UCALJ2

You need the latest kies version. Check for update. Also, your device has to be 100% stock, if you installed a leaked ics before, you must return to stock and the only stock image that allowed the update was from sammobile.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: "sgh-i727 does not support initializing"

Having the same issue. Kies is updated to latest, and phone is stock. Have re-installed Kies several times, run connection troubleshooter (OK). Kies sees the phone fine, but dies not launch the update alert, and I can't launch it through the menu. Appreciate any ideas.

Default Re: "sgh-i727 does not support initializing"

I've reported this issue (with SGH-I577) to Samsung twice over the past month or so to no avail. Good luck.