Official ICS 4.0.4 Bloatware

robbinh00d

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Updated to the Official and it's...ok...i guess.

My last custom ROM was a super-cut semi version of the leaked ICS. It was smoking fast, used hardly no battery life and had only the things I needed.

I've rooted it and used Titanium B'up to freeze some of the AT&T bloatware. Can anyone point me to a list of everything that's safe to freeze? I've frozen the typical stuff like the NFS game, AT&T family, etc. I'd really like to kill as much as possible.

Thanks in advance!!

spddy

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
If you click on apps you can disable them. Thats what I did.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

wakers8569

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Updated to the Official and it's...ok...i guess.

My last custom ROM was a super-cut semi version of the leaked ICS. It was smoking fast, used hardly no battery life and had only the things I needed.

I've rooted it and used Titanium B'up to freeze some of the AT&T bloatware. Can anyone point me to a list of everything that's safe to freeze? I've frozen the typical stuff like the NFS game, AT&T family, etc. I'd really like to kill as much as possible.

Thanks in advance!!

I agree...I would also very much like knowing which of the running apps are ok to stop without messing something else up. I've found that certain apps are tied in with others. Please let us know.

robbinh00d

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Here's what I've frozen and everything seems to be working fine:

Allshare
Amazon Kindle
AT&T FamilyMap 2.0
AT&T Navigator
AT&T Ready2Go
Buddies now 1.0
IM
Kies Air
Live TV
Media Hub
Mini Diary
myAT&T
Qik Lite
SNSAccount
Social Hub 1.0
Social Hub 7.52
Talk 4.0.4
Yahoo Finance

I'll probably continue to freeze things till it falls apart, then back off by one.

Reactions: skigoddess

skigoddess

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I've frozen and everything seems to be working fine:

Allshare
Amazon Kindle
AT&T FamilyMap 2.0
AT&T Navigator
AT&T Ready2Go
Buddies now 1.0
IM
Kies Air
Live TV
Media Hub
Mini Diary
myAT&T
Qik Lite
SNSAccount
Social Hub 1.0
Social Hub 7.52
Talk 4.0.4
Yahoo Finance

I'll probably continue to freeze things till it falls apart, then back off by one.

Thanks for the info. Some of these I was able to delete off my phone with the ICS update, which wasn't the case before...Amazon Kindle...AT&T FamilyMap...Live TV...Qik Lite...

Some of these you listed I did not have the option to disable.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Yea and some of them make no sense to Disable. myAT&T makes no sense to disable (nevermind it's useful for getting your real data usage information), and neither does Google Talk or AllShare (basically removing all DLNA functionality from your Phone - lol). Kies Air doesn't run unless you run it, as well (and is actually VERY useful, so I cannot call it bloatware). I actually use Social Hub and IM. Much better than buying a WLM client off the marketplace and it looks better than most (and uses less battery than the free adware crap on there). It also notifies you of everything with one icon instead of like 3+.

The rest of that is fair game, though, except SNSAccount if you keep Social Hub. I tend to keep Stock applications as is and delete just the useless carrier stuff. If it's not popping up in the background and killing anything then the incentive to disable it is nil and limited onto making the app list smaller.

DWSmith75002

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
If you just want to hide the unused icons to get them out of the way Go Launcher EX will do that. That way the phone won't crash if it needs them and they are still installed if you later decide you'd like to use them.

Just saying...