Lock screen widgets? ICE emergency numbers?

poconojoe57

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Upgraded to ics. How do I get widgets onto the lock screen? I thought we were supposed to be able to access the camera or other apps from the lock screen. And how do I add additional emergency numbers to the lock screen? The thing they call ICE.

mallardhunter

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Look under groups in your contacts and look for ICE emergency contacts. Up date this to the numbers that you want someone to call. If your phone is found by someone they will be able to call who ever you have listed there. It takes a little while for it to update this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

mallardhunter

May 3, 2012
Visit site
add8089c-98c8-5e08.jpg
Have you up graded your phone to the new ice cream sandwich update? Here is a screen shot of mine.
View attachment 31240

Reactions: PrissyPJ

poconojoe57

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
It's not there!
If I could figure out how to post a screenshot I would show you. the screenshot is dim in the clipboard, so I can't select it.
Before ics, when I captured a screen, it went into a gallery folder called ScreenCapture. Now it goes into a gallery folder called screenshots.

PrissyPJ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It's the 'Contacts' (orange) icon ... not the telephone icon.

It's not there!
If I could figure out how to post a screenshot I would show you. the screenshot is dim in the clipboard, so I can't select it.
Before ics, when I captured a screen, it went into a gallery folder called ScreenCapture. Now it goes into a gallery folder called screenshots.

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Go to the phone icon
Click on Contacts
Your new screen will read Phone Groups Contacts Favourites
Click on Groups
ICE is the first option under Integrated Groups

mallardhunter

May 3, 2012
Visit site
It does not sound like you got the full up grade to ice cream sandwich.you may try to reload it.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Thank you. I didn't know how to add numbers to ICE. Seemed so complicated but once I went through the steps shown here it worked just fine. I added 2 contacts to my ICE and they show up when you drag the red cross on the lock screen.

poconojoe57

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
OK, I did the factory reset and it fixed my problems. I now have the ICE choice in the groups menu. Screen capture storage is fine now too. I was even having trouble with backing up with Kies. It would freeze, saying it was pairing even after leaving it for hours. Now it backs up in like 10 seconds!

Jonathan Tolchard

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
The easy way to do it....
go in to contacts
go in to groups
add group
type 'ICE' as group name
add contact details now or later( doesn't matter)
select 'done'

you should now see that you have a new group called ICE-emergency contacts
when you are on the key lock screen, select emergency numbers
select the symbol of a person with an emergency light
your contacts should now be displayed B-)

adrianh

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
The easy way to do it....
go in to contacts
go in to groups
add group
type 'ICE' as group name
add contact details now or later( doesn't matter)
select 'done'

you should now see that you have a new group called ICE-emergency contacts
when you are on the key lock screen, select emergency numbers
select the symbol of a person with an emergency light
your contacts should now be displayed B-)

I tried this without joy. For some reason, after adding an ICE group, it doesn't show up. Not sure why.

It is there, since if I try and add it again, it says that the "Group name already in use". :(

A

EDIT Although it initially didn't show up in my Groups from the Contact page of one of my contacts, I was able to find it on the Groups page. After adding a contact to that group there, it showed up on in the initial place I looked.

Last edited: